Wiikly update for 1/7/08 (US)

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Star Tropics™ (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): Find out just how resourceful you can be in this classic game, with its mixture of adventure and RPG elements. Step into the shoes of Mike Jones, a teenage star pitcher from Seattle who has come to the tropics to visit his famous archeologist uncle, Dr. Jones. After being told that his uncle has been abducted, Mike begins a perilous quest in order to rescue him and figure out the mysterious plot behind his disappearance. Luckily for Mike, he meets helpful villagers and finds more powerful weapons as he explores numerous locations and island-hops using his uncle's submarine. You'll never know what to expect next as the cosmic story unfolds over the course of eight action-packed chapters, ranging from Dr. Jones's lab on C-Island to an alien spacecraft. Who knew a tropical vacation could turn into a mission to save the world?

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen-Animated Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Alcohol & Tobacco Reference, Violence, 900 Wii Points): As the first game in the long-running KING OF FIGHTERS series, THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 brought together popular characters from other well-known franchises and pitted them against each other. Match warriors from Fatal Fury against favorites from its sister series, Art of Fighting. Or see if the casts of the Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier series better suit your fighting style. Plus, there's a set of brand new characters, exclusive to the KOF series, who are willing to join the fray. But there's a twist: Instead of the standard best-two- out-of-three-rounds fight setup, players choose one of eight teams, each made up of three teammates. To win, all members of the other team must be eliminated before your fighters are knocked out. Use the game's power gauge to inflict maximum damage and end the round with a devastating finishing move. It's a battle royal unlike anything else-a game whose inspiration is easily seen in the fighting games that followed it. Can your team be the last one standing?

Star Tropics was always one of those games that they gave away on Double Dare or Nick Arcade.

Dang I wanted smash 64... but that was a stretch, I guess these games are good :p

Never heard of em though...

Startropics IS today? That really is a good pick and one of my favorite NES games. Anyone wanting a genuinely good game to grab, it's that one. I hope Nintendo makes a reference to that game series somehow in SSB Brawl.

Never heard of Startropics.

Does anyone knows why only two games instead of three?

jledesma said:
Never heard of Startropics.

Does anyone knows why only two games instead of three?

Be thankful you get that much, given the update last Friday here in Europe.

As for Startropics, it's sort of like Zelda. One of the better NES games, in my opinion.

Startropics was pretty good, but I dont think I would have the time personally to play a game like this anymore. A little long, and pretty difficult. I have too many games I havent beaten yet, so maybe in the future.

Yeah, its Zelda, with a yoyo, and you go in spaceships and caves......pretty much.......it was a good game though. I give it a 6 out of 10.

Napalmbrain said:
Be thankful you get that much, given the update last Friday here in Europe.

As for Startropics, it's sort of like Zelda. One of the better NES games, in my opinion.

Agreed. I will definitely be picking this one up!

Good memories on this one.

Now, if we could just get Crystalis.....

Xaegoth said:
Agreed. I will definitely be picking this one up!

Good memories on this one.

Now, if we could just get Crystalis.....

Crystalis would make for a great update. Thats one of the games I wait to see each week on the VC.

Well it's nice to see something good is out even though I wont buy it. I'm still 30 stars away from completing galaxy and i also have zack and wiki to tackle.

w00t!!!
KOF '94 Is finnaly here!!!

This was actually a really good week. There are about 10-15 TG-16 games left, worth remotely getting. 5 of them are actually pretty good. This isn't counting Turbo Duo. Does that mean 2008 will be Neo Geo?

Back