Wiikly Update for 12/03/07 (US)

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
ZANAC (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): ZANAC is a vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up game that was released in November 1986. Take control of the state-of-the-art fighter, ZANAC, with the objective of destroying the bases of the mechanized enemy forces. Use your full array of regular weapons as well as eight special weapons to clear the 12 intense areas of the game. Be careful, though, as the game changes the degree of difficulty in real time based on how well you play. This ensures that it feels like you're experiencing a new game every time you play.

Eternal Champions™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Animated Violence, 800 Wii Points): This 2-D fighting game introduces a cast of different characters that met untimely deaths in their lives on Earth. Now they have been given a chance to compete against each other, with the winner taking on the Eternal Champion, the ultimate fighter in the universe. The reward for defeating the Eternal Champion is a return to Earth for the opportunity to avenge death and restore balance to the universe. Choose from nine unique characters with a variety of fighting styles, and bring your best moves to defeat all comers in your quest to topple the Eternal Champion.

The Dynastic Hero (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): The Dynastic Hero is an action RPG featuring a cast of insect characters. The story begins with the invasion of their peaceful homeland of Tarron by the evil Drilkor Empire. Rushing to the insects' aid is Dyna, the prince of Beetras. Take control of Dyna as he battles through action-filled stages. Equip weapons and items to vanquish the relentless foes, and acquire special items that enable you to brave the journey across the perilous desert or open sea. But it's not just all action. Correctly answer multiple-choice quizzes, and play the ocarina to find the right melody to open doors. Plus, there are countless traps and other puzzles packed into this fun game to keep you entertained and ensure you continue coming back for more.

Do you think Nintendo has some guys sorting out the shittiest possible games?

^^lol lol at both comments, just made my morning. i feel the same way today too

Ugh, every week people say the same thing even when they release good games. They released a good fighting game, one of the best NES shmups, and a game that's pretty much Wonder Boy In Monster World but is still a good game. Also, Dynastic Hero has a value of $250. It's another one of those rare Turbo CD games.

Last edited:
^^ just kinda dissapointed cuz i was expecting a nintendo published game...been waiting for mario rpg and kirby superstar all year

well we are getting a nintendo 64 game next week. but it really isn't a great one but if you go to pokemon.com it says so

Zackh321 said:
Ugh, every week people say the same thing even when they release good games. They released a good fighting game, one of the best NES shmups, and a game that's pretty much Wonder Boy In Monster World but is still a good game. Also, Dynastic Hero has a value of $250. It's another one of those rare Turbo CD games.

Which games are you reffering to? (I know which game is wonderboy, but the other 2). Are you talking about Fatal Fury? Whats the shoot-em-up?

Of course people are gonna say the same thing every week, until they give us a game that was at least semi-popular. I knew what Zanac was becuase I borrowed it from a classmate in elementary school. I gave it back to him the next day. PLaying Zanac makes me want to overdose on Zanax, (could have made joke about Zantac for heartburn as well)

Whenever someone says that some game is a huge bargain b/c the rare cart is $1000, I am skeptical. The game can still totally suck you know, even though its rare. Im a collector also, but there comes a point where I have to tell myself these are old shitty 8-16 bit games and my curiosity doesnt even wonder. The most I will pay is $20 for a Contra cart I bought. That was probably a dumb idea in itself. They dont underproduce great games, so Im not going to fork out extra VC dollars b/c a game was "rare"......why dont they just put out games that were "semi-popular".

Im going to throw out a random request. ........GAUNTLET II (4 players NES)

Last edited:
Like I mentioned on Friday, is there really any point in Dynastic Hero being on VC seeing as we've already got Wonder Boy in Monster World on there? Oh well, Eternal Champions would obviously be the highlight of the week for America. It's on my "maybe" list (never played it, heard it's alright), but I might hold out in case they decide to release the Mega CD one.

I think Nintendo said it best in their own press release:

Nintendo said:
Sometimes the Wii-kly Updates have a nice, unifying them. Sometimes they don't. This week we scoured the recesses of the classic games vault to come up with some interesting, if unrelated, gems.

They got everything right except for the "gems" part. I think a more appropriate description would be "rat droppings."

Here's the deal: I don't mind obscure. I LIKE obscure. But when it gets to the point where you've never even HEARD OF THE GAMES, that's where I draw the line.

I'm not going to spend $10.00 on Wii Points to buy a game I've never heard of. It's like going to the video store, walking through their VHS section and picking some sci-fi movie from the 1980s at random. Yeah, it could be Blade Runner, but you're most likely going to end up with Mac and Me.

CrowTRobot said:
I think Nintendo said it best in their own press release:

They got everything right except for the "gems" part. I think a more appropriate description would be "rat droppings."

Here's the deal: I don't mind obscure. I LIKE obscure. But when it gets to the point where you've never even HEARD OF THE GAMES, that's where I draw the line.

I'm not going to spend $10.00 on Wii Points to buy a game I've never heard of. It's like going to the video store, walking through their VHS section and picking some sci-fi movie from the 1980s at random. Yeah, it could be Blade Runner, but you're most likely going to end up with Mac and Me.

LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOT ONLY IS THAT HILARIOUS, THAT IS A 100% TRUE ANALOGY.

That is such B.S. because its obscure almost every week. They dont mix in "gems" now and then......every week we get 3 "gems"................more like "turds"

I always wanted to punch the little Alien from Mac and Me in the face, I hate that thing.

Last edited:
well it looks like i was right about the games comming out!!

Back