Wiikly Update for 11/12/07 (US)

Conan the Librarian said:
wow......I dont know how you guys bring up Gunstar Heroes in every thread.......that game was pretty good............................
WAS

It still is

SMB3 was the only cool game in the past 5 months. I cant wait till they come out with Dodge Ball. That was a sick game

Knoxville555 said:
SMB3 was the only cool game in the past 5 months. I cant wait till they come out with Dodge Ball. That was a sick game

Super dodge ball is amazing I second that.

Knoxville555 said:

Hmm, that's a little exagerative (did I just make up a word, yay?).

Castlevania II 2 weeks ago was great. Magician Lord was a fun game that was new to me. Ninja Gaiden II is a classic. Sin & Punishment is AWESOME. Super Mario 2 the lost levels. Neutopia I and II, also fun. Ever hear of a little title called Super Metroid??

This is just the last couple months. Easily great games. I suggest trying some of them out. If you're not poor.

I was going to post about Super Dodge Ball but my comp crashed. Guess you can't render and write at the same time. Super Dodge Ball is a must get NES game!

As for the current line up. I think what's hurting VC is Nintendo's focus on TG-16 games, lack of focus on N64 and SNES.

wow......I dont know how you guys bring up Gunstar Heroes in every thread.......that game was pretty good............................

Actually, it would be pretty easy b/c Axelay is made by the same people like last week with Alien Soldier. The teams responsible for the Contra, Castlevania, and Axelay left Konami to make Treasure which made games like Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier.

Zackh321 said:
Actually, it would be pretty easy b/c Axelay is made by the same people like last week with Alien Soldier. The teams responsible for the Contra, Castlevania, and Axelay left Konami to make Treasure which made games like Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier.

.........so you are saying Gunstar gets brought up all the time because people are talking about Konami teams that worked on games? gee, i dont think that has ever happened once........Ill be bold and say what you are afraid to say.....

Gunstar heroes is a good game that Genesis fans tend to lump into the category with Street fighter II and Goldeneye to feel like they have a franchise hit with their favorite console......its a good side scrolling shooter with great tunes......but I dont ever remember people having Gunstar hero parties when they were young.........like I remember SFII, MKI and II, Goldeneye, Mario KArt, etc......(any N64 WWF/WCW game)......or hits like madden and Halo today. Entire birthday parties revolved soley around these games.

However, now we all know that you know a lot about Gunstar heroes (since your response didnt mean anything but, (HEY, I KNOW A FACT ABOUT GUNSTAR HEROES)..............

Zackh321 said:

Actually only a few people left Konami for Treasure. Still, it looks like their experience certainly paid off.

sagema said:
As for the current line up. I think what's hurting VC is Nintendo's focus on TG-16 games, lack of focus on N64 and SNES.

I don't care how many TG-16 games they release, but I certainly agree about the lack of SNES and N64. Heck, there's only half as many SNES games as Mega Drive / Genesis ones, and while I sympathise with the small number of feasible (i.e. no rights issues) N64 games, surely they could have released more than 9 by now?

Knoxville555 said:

Paper Mario, Super Metroid, Shinobi III, Breath of Fire II, Sin and Punishment, Alien Soldier, SMB: The Lost Levels, Shining Force, Bonk III, Streets of Rage 3, Landstalker, Neutopia, Neutopia II, Gate of Thunder, Magician Lord, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Ghouls n' Ghosts, F-Zero X... you're honestly saying they're all crap?

.........so you are saying Gunstar gets brought up all the time because people are talking about Konami teams that worked on games? gee, i dont think that has ever happened once........Ill be bold and say what you are afraid to say.....

Gunstar heroes is a good game that Genesis fans tend to lump into the category with Street fighter II and Goldeneye to feel like they have a franchise hit with their favorite console......its a good side scrolling shooter with great tunes......but I dont ever remember people having Gunstar hero parties when they were young.........like I remember SFII, MKI and II, Goldeneye, Mario KArt, etc......(any N64 WWF/WCW game)......or hits like madden and Halo today. Entire birthday parties revolved soley around these games.

However, now we all know that you know a lot about Gunstar heroes (since your response didnt mean anything but, (HEY, I KNOW A FACT ABOUT GUNSTAR HEROES)..............

Ha, I was a Super Nintendo fan back during the 16-Bit days. My friend had a Genesis and we used to argue about which one was better. Sonic and Gunstar Heroes were great games, though. I remember that. So good in fact I followed the company itself. I'm a fan of the Treasure company that has made games such as Mischief Makers, Sin and Punishment, and Ikaruga for Nintendo platforms. They even made the Wario World games.

Hey, rereading my comment about it I guess I should have rewrote that a little. I think you took offense to it when it wasn't intended in that way. That's the problem with the Internet and sending messages. Sometimes people think you're trying to be a smart ass when you're not.

Last edited:
Zackh321 said:
Ha, I was a Super Nintendo fan back during the 16-Bit days. My friend had a Genesis and we used to argue about which one was better. Sonic and Gunstar Heroes were great games, though. I remember that. So good in fact I followed the company itself. I'm a fan of the Treasure company that has made games such as Mischief Makers, Sin and Punishment, and Ikaruga for Nintendo platforms. They even made the Wario World games.

Hey, rereading my comment about it I guess I should have rewrote that a little. I think you took offense to it when it wasn't intended in that way. That's the problem with the Internet and sending messages. Sometimes people think you're trying to be a smart ass when you're not.

Well, dont worry because I am basicly an asshole, I was just breaking your balls. Thats why you think I sound offended when I wasnt. I need to be permabanned from IRL.

another week and another week of crap on the vc. bring on turtles II. I got some wii points this weekend and I actually found ninja gaiden II harder than ninja gaiden I. Anybody else think this?

Back