Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiinoob

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Burbank, CA
Wii Online Code
7718-5218-4582-5195
I read the thread about the home thing with the PS3 and you'll be able to make your own character and chat with everyone online and make your own apartment, etc. And it worried me because if the PS3's price is gonna drop and they are gonna start releasing some good games (which will obviously happen eventually) then it could be an even better system than the Wii... If this actually happens I might just sell my Wii and get a ps3... What do you think? Btw i'm not into retro games that the VC has to offer so thats not something to consider for me. And thats supposed to be a really good reason to buy the Wii (the virtual console) .

I don't plan on buying the PS3. And I don't see a price drop coming any time soon. The Wii is carving out a niche of its own that the PS3 will not be able to touch so I'm not too worried.

I have all 3 systems and I actually have been playing my PS3 more than any of them lately. The new update tomorrow adds so much to the PS3. And even more on the March 23rd update. You will be able to download PS1 games and play them on your PS3 upscaled to 1080i. The best games for the system right now are:

MLB 2K7
Madden 07
Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken 5
Fight Night Rd.3
Resistance
Motorstorm
Def Jam
NBA Homecourt

Plus I watch all kinds of Blu-Ray movies now so the PS3 is getting more use than any system I have. Its also really nice to have the PS3 upstairs and to surf the net I just plug my keyboard and mouse in and navigate just like the PC. Love it!

it looks awesome dosent it?
kinda makes me want one
but i pefer 360 still right now
and i wouldnt want a ps3 and 360

Even if the ps3 dropped to 100 bucks i wouldnt get it. I'm a nintendo fan and always will be. I dont really care for any of the other systems. I did have the first playstation, but that was it, and i gave it away to my brothers girlfriend. But i've held onto all of my nintendo systems, i'll be buried with those! lol :p

Regardless if the PS3 had HOME or not...I already plan to upgrade from a Wii60 to a Wii63. The PS3 is a little more customizable and techie than the others and I love it. Hell, I am even tempted to sell my impulse 360 purchase and put towards the PS3. I love my Wii but it just doesn't offer games and features that I love.

Last edited:
Well thats not really the case for me, I prefer to go with the better system overall, not go with nintendo always.

Edit: oops, I was replying to stinkbeetle

tirminyl said:
Regardless if the PS3 had HOME or not...I already plan to upgrade from a Wii60 to a Wii63. The PS3 is a little more customizable and techie than the others and I love it. Hell, I am even tempted to sell my impulse 360 purchase and put towards the PS3.
its actually called
the PSWii60

Yes, but not until the price drops to btw $300-400...but I could care less about PS Home. I find 80% of people in real-life obnoxious and online it becomes 99%.

The only reason I'd buy the PS3 is for its RPGs... but, then again, the 360 seems to be getting a lot of rpgs this year.

Also, why is this in this section?

Meh, either way I won't be buying another console till next year after I get done with college.

I'll be buying a PS3. Most likely not anytime this year, but definitely within the next 2-3 years. I love my Wii and will continue to support it, but Sony's third party support has always been the best in my book.

i dont know. right now they dont have any good games for me. i'm not going to make the same mistake i made with the PSP. That thing is such a load of garbage. I only use it for emulating other systems. Kind of like a Virtual Console on the go! But that's it, the official games aren't very good, the UMD movies are pointless. The PSP is dwindling to extinction and if Sony doesnt get their heads out of their rears and pay attention to what people are complaining about, the PS3 won't be too far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back