Will you Pay to Play?

i am 100% sure that brawl will not be using this service because nintendo said that the logo for it would be read/orange and that doesnt seem to be the case fo brawl. i doubt that nintendo woul give one region free online and the others the paid version. nintendo also said that not all wii online games in the future will use this service, this service is basically for extra content, not to play online.

sovito, i see what your getting at but there isn't very much of a chance for P2P since it was just announced and probably only has 1/4th of the "how customers will give us their money"

Who would want to pay 8$ a month, to play brawl online when they could just invite friends over.
I dont think nintendo is that greedy....

I think mario kart may have it , but not brawl....

CantGetAWii said:
Uh, alright.
But I don't recall the reason for the delay ever really mentioned, and when this was delayed there was no sight of Pay To Play. The online getting worked out seemed to be the reason for the latest delay, things must not have been clicking right.

As well, thats not why there is no voice chat.
Sakurai himself stated why there isn't and thats because he had to follow certain rules and guidelines.
and show me proof p2p will have voice chat???

AoWFraggit said:
so how can you simply assume brawl will use it?
definition of speculation from dictionary.com:

Speculation: the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation on humanity's ultimate destiny.

guys, stop trying to challenge something we both DONT KNOW and get to the purpose of the thread--would you pay to play?

The "official" box art has the blue sticker and not the orange sticker on it. We don't have any details on it and it was just announced as previous posters have pointed out. I doubt it will use it, but I could be wrong.

I might pay to play, depends on the price.

No, I would not 'Pay to Play' when I'm already paying for Live on my XBox 360. Honestly, I'm not too worked up over Brawl's online. I'm more interested in playing against my friends under the 'With Friends' option which I highly doubt will make you pay to use (IF 'Pay to Play' is included at all).

Sovieto said:
guys, stop trying to challenge something we both DONT KNOW and get to the purpose of the thread?
that the reason why we are challenging your theories of it being in
we don't know what it is, nintendo wouldn't realease something without fully detailing the main features of it.

Dkw0101 said:
that the reason why we are challenging your theories of it being in
we don't know what it is, nintendo wouldn't realease something without fully detailing the main features of it.
youre right, and whats the point of speculating life? there is none! yay for not challenging possible questions of the future!

What about you Sovieto would you PtP?
I doubt most player would, or they would definitely hesitate first. Unless it's going to be really cheap (what's the point then) I don't think most people will pay.

I dont play the Wii games I have NOW online. Why would I start doing so if all the sudden I have to pay?
I never planned on playing SSBB online anyway (Ausies understand why). X-Box 360 is just so much better at it anywhay, so why bother?

I think it's 50/50 on the whole Pay to Play in America. But the chances do rise considerably because of the delay to possibly Fall for Europe and Australia. (Saying as P2P has to hit worldwide by the very latest April)

And, personally, I'd have to see the final product before finally deciding. I mean, the price of P2P, the increase in quality from free online, and all of the rest would really go into my final decision. I know I'd pay for Mario Kart however. Saying as that online is really coming along nicely from what I've seen.

So.. I guess I'd wait to actually spend money on the service until the release of Mario Kart.. then I'd at least have 2 titles that would feature solid online..

I would play brawl without online for a long time before I payed to play it online.

Maybe if the online were actually good and had voicechat then I would.

No lobbies + no headset support = boring online play for me...

Back