X isn't hardcore because...

hal2814

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
I got this idea from reading a post on what games qualify as "hardcore" that reminded me of an old George Carlin routine. I'm going to post games that aren't "hardcore" with reasons listed. Feel free to add your own. This is all in good fun. Don't take it seriously. I'm not confining it to Wii games specifically but will focus mostly on them:

-Wii Sports isn't hardcore because anyone can do it. My grandma can play Wii Sports. You don't see her on the cover of EGM.

-Some people think SF IV is hardcore but it's not because there's no chance of death, unless you hustle someone in an arcade in a rough neighborhood.

-Zelda isn't hardcore because you don't start out with a weapon and that goes against all hardcore logic.

-RE: Umbrella Chronicles isn't hardcore because you can't move around on your own. Anything that won't let you move on your own can't be hardcore.

-Bomberman Land isn't hardcore because it's a variation of Mario Party. All party games are a variation of Mario Party. Bomberman Land is subpar Mario Party played with too many unlockables and lack of fun games while wearing silly costumes.

-Wii Fit isn't hardcore because you can't use your arms. Any game where you can't use your arms isn't hardcore.

-Mario Galaxy isn't hardcore because Romanians are good at it.

Go ahead and come up with a few of your own...

sigh

More hardcore nonsense
Just
sthuyc3.gif

and enjoy the games.

-Wii Sports isn't hardcore because anyone can do it. My grandma can play Wii Sports. You don't see her on the cover of EGM.

-Some people think SF IV is hardcore but it's not because there's no chance of death, unless you hustle someone in an arcade in a rough neighborhood.

-Zelda isn't hardcore because you don't start out with a weapon and that goes against all hardcore logic.

-RE: Umbrella Chronicles isn't hardcore because you can't move around on your own. Anything that won't let you move on your own can't be hardcore.

-Bomberman Land isn't hardcore because it's a variation of Mario Party. All party games are a variation of Mario Party. Bomberman Land is subpar Mario Party played with too many unlockables and lack of fun games while wearing silly costumes.

-Wii Fit isn't hardcore because you can't use your arms. Any game where you can't use your arms isn't hardcore.

Good thing I'm not "hardcore"!!

Wow, tough crowd. I'm not "hardcore" either. In fact, I was poking fun at the concept. In the hardcore sales post, someone mentioned that Zelda wasn't hardcore because their wife liked the game. What?! There's no definitive definition because the concept is downright absurd. I just thought it'd be fun to poke a stick at the absurdity by introducing equally insane reasons a game may not be "hardcore." For what it's worth, I do enjoy every game I listed (though Bomberman Land is a bit disappointing at times and doesn't hold a candle to Mario Party).

hencam[uk];1015804 said:
Whoosh!

And there we have the winner of both the "didn't read the original post" and the "sense of humour bypass" awards...
I don't blame him. Most threads with the word hardcore in the title and is a bit long winded is 99% of the time some rant about hardcore/casual bullshit.

I don't blame him. Most threads with the word hardcore in the title and is a bit long winded is 99% of the time some rant about hardcore/casual bullshit.

True, but that's what hal2814 was poking fun at...

Some people get so caught up on the casual/hardcore crap, I think the better way of seeing it is "does this game appeal to me" and "is it fun".

I got this idea from reading a post on what games qualify as "hardcore" that reminded me of an old George Carlin routine. I'm going to post games that aren't "hardcore" with reasons listed. Feel free to add your own. This is all in good fun. Don't take it seriously. I'm not confining it to Wii games specifically but will focus mostly on them:

Go ahead and come up with a few of your own...
If you were going for funny, you missed.

hencam[uk];1015804 said:
Whoosh!

And there we have the winner of both the "didn't read the original post" and the "sense of humour bypass" awards...
And here we have a failed attempt at humor post

A bit like the op

But you could get a job as a writer for US sit coms

hencam[uk];1015804 said:
Whoosh!

Whoops I "whooshed" too! I just read the game titles and figured the post was serious!! Whoops!!

On Topic:

Super Mario isnt hardcore cause the word didnt exist until Xbox Vs. PS2.

Wii Sports isnt hardcore because a girl might enjoy it with me.

Gears of War is hardcore cause t3H Gr@p#ixX!111111

Nintendogs isnt hardcore cause I cant poke the annoying announcers eyes out with the stylus and have his blood spill all over the touch screen

Imagine Farm Life: My Life as a Pony isn't hardcore cause my little sister plays it.

Zelda isnt hardcore cause my wife likes it

Wii isnt hardcore caus its kidz counsol.

Guitar hero/Rockband arnt hardcore cause THERE ROCK

And here we have a failed attempt at humor post

A bit like the op

But you could get a job as a writer for US sit coms

Seems I touched a nerve. :ee5k:

If you didn't like his post then why reply to belittle the OP?

This forum has a small clique of users who's only source of entertainment seems to be putting down the others who dare post on 'their' forum... nice.

Back