?

LyricistSoldier

|Losing Faith Nintendo|
Dec 20, 2006
Throwin it up for the big SD.
"This Thread is more than 212 days old, you can't reply to it"

? :wtf:

i guess the basic question is... why? Who cares if i post on a 500 year old thread. Whats wrong with that.

maybe i want to bring back the first thread ever made on this forum... would i get busted for double posting it?

LAME.

Many people who revive old threads do it to boost their post count up. That's why moderators will usually close those threads. It's called spam..

hmm... doesnt seem like a good reason to me. like why would i search out such an old thread just to do something lame like "bump" it. It was good, it partains to what i want to talk about so why keep me from bringing it back? Are the old threads locked automaticly or something? why?

hmm... doesnt seem like a good reason to me. like why would i search out such an old thread just to do something lame like "bump" it.

All because you may not bump it to boost your post count it doesn't mean others will do the same. Most of the time threads are bumped is due to people trying to spam to increase their post count. If you like a thread and have a valid post/reason for bumping it then I'm sure the mods may let it go. However most of the time people bump old threads with a good post other members will flame the person who bumped it. I guess you could always try making a new thread on the same subject and see how it goes. Or you could talk to the moderators about your problem.

isnt it always better to post in an existing thread than starting a new one though?
like the video for the steam forums says, which goes for all forums

isnt it always better to post in an existing thread than starting a new one though?
like the video for the steam forums says, which goes for all forums

What I'm basically trying to say is that if a thread is over a couple months to a year old there really is no point in posting it. Main reason being is that your going to get flamed (most of the time) and a moderator will usually end up closing the thread anyways. That's why I suggested that he or she should either make a new thread on a topic similar to the old one or just forget about the old one.

or... maybe its just not worth the effort..

its pointless... i found a game in the gameborads section that i wanted to add to but couldn't... zippity do da day but i do like how his thread i'm shure had been read by a mod(s) but they never replied to it. you only get replied to when u say somethin they dont like :frown2:

If a thread hasnt been replied to in 212 days i'd say it was safe to assume that the discussion has ended.

If you have a worthwhile post to add or want to discuss that specific topic further i'd suggest opening a new thread. If all you wanted to do was post a short reply then i wouldn't bother.

No the subject
Do you have a forum purning option (it eraseis unposted in threads ather a certain amount of time)
I sujest it gets turned on with the cut off point being lets say a mounth or two

Back