3.2 Update

dakuda said:
There was information in the email sent to the Wii regarding the update. It stated now when you insert a disc that requires an update, a message will appear in the disc channel on the main Wii screen instead of the disc title. If you already took care of the required update, then there will be no message.

I am paraphrasing from something I read almost an hour ago, but that is about it. I would guess the update just added that feature to the Wii menu so that something they have coming down the line will work as intended.

Like he said. If I remember correctly it adds a button for the updating on the disc channel if a disc contains an update your Wii doesn't have. Could be my memory isn't accurate, but anyway it related adding somekind of info about an update on a disc.

Last edited:
it said if any1 scrolled down in the message when u insert a wii disc on the disc channel a streamer of some sort will come up if u need an update on ur wii!!

Probably has everything to do with Pay to play/Wii-ware and the new features they both offer.

maybe this is our:

Voice chat support "due out by summer"
DLC patch maybe? also due out soon.
Both of them linked with Pay to Play

Or it could be our new Compressed file format for Wii-ware games used to fit them on the current memory of the Wii.

Who knows! there is a ton of things confirmed to be comming to the Wii very soon could be anything mentioned or things maybe not mentioned :wink: .

Sweet, I was just browsing some sites and saw the news of the update.
Improving system performance eh? I guess thats pretty sweet, it was earlier than I expected. I was thinking an update would come out around or just after Mario Kart.

Just finnished mine, Said something about automatic update with some of new Wii disks and that it will show up in the disk menu when you put in new games, Then said it added to the parental control settings. I looked through it but never paid attention to it before.

has the option to limit user-to-user communication always been there? not sure if thats reffering to e-mails or what.

Yes been there for a long time. Another person thought this was for headset or instant messaging a while ago 2.

Do yall not read what the messages say before you push update?

If I recall correctly, it said it was an update that would enable the Wii to update whenever you put a disc in, it an update is necessary. If one is not necessary, you wont get an update message.

Just go back and read the message and you wont have to make rumors.

As Maleko previously stated, this probably pretains to the Zelda TP exploit. Think about it and REALLY think about it.... an update that tells you when your game needs updating on the Disc Channel before you can play the game. I can also guarantee that in a short while when you insert Zelda TP it will say "Update Game" or something. The compression technology would have been a bigger download. I can rest assure you that all that info will be contained on SSBB itself (the disc). You will then be able to get the compression software from the games disc.

ShawVAuto said:
As Maleko previously stated, this probably pretains to the Zelda TP exploit.
And as numerous people have already reported, the TP exploit hole still works just fine after the 3.2 update.

Nintendo said that it is for the Disk updates if needed, however nintendo also said that the update will improve the running of the Wii.

Better Wifi ?

i am going to check out DBZBT3 after class... LOL~ but i doubt that it would be affect.... maybe this update is to prepare for SSBB wifi?

sremick said:
And as numerous people have already reported, the TP exploit hole still works just fine after the 3.2 update.

Which still does not mean nintendo wont push an update automatically through a game now that patches that. Or when they have a patch made when TP disc is inserted automatically pulls an "update" for the game off the internet.

awdawg said:
Which still does not mean nintendo wont push an update automatically through a game now that patches that. Or when they have a patch made when TP disc is inserted automatically pulls an "update" for the game off the internet.
That's not how it works. Read the info again.

It doesn't push it automatically, it notifies you.

Someone who doesn't want to update from online can still not configure their Wii's internet connection.

And Nintendo was including Wii firmware updates with games already well before this update, so this update doesn't change anything in that regard.

Back