3rd Party Memory Card Compatability issue

dorky_me

Wisconsin Wii User
Jan 23, 2007
WI
Wii Online Code
2113-8375-5884-5402
Hey guys,

I read somewhere that this SD memory card was compatible with the Wii. For some reason, my Wii is not recognizing this card when I go into the Wii settings. So is this not the right card?

memcard001.jpg

thats the card i have and it works great. you need to connect to the internet and update to enable that functionality.

Thanks....err..okay, where do I plug in my internet cord?:idea:

The update that was mentioned in a previous post was to allow you to copy you game-saves to the SD card.

You should still be able to view photos stored on the SD card in the photo channel even without doing any sort of Wii updates.

Thanks guys! I have RoadRunner (cable internet). How or where do I connect to update? Do I need a wireless router?

dorky_me said:
Thanks guys! I have RoadRunner (cable internet). How or where do I connect to update? Do I need a wireless router?
going wireles is the optimum choice but line is still cool i suppose.

So there is a hole for the internet cable to go in the back? Am I missing it somewhere???

Do you have a wireless router?

and like mentioned before, you'll need to download the firmware updates, there's two initial updates needed..

thought you should be able to view any photos stored on the card with or without the updates, but if you bought this specifically for your Wii then I'm assuming it has no pictures.

If you're unable to connect to the internet, Nintendo mentioned letting people mail in their Wii's and they'll perform the update for you. Not sure if this is a sure thing, and if so, how much, if anything, it costs. Maybe somebody here could clear that up for anybody else wondering the same thing?

Last edited:
dorky_me said:
So there is a hole for the internet cable to go in the back? Am I missing it somewhere???

No, there's no ethernet jack. It has built in wireless. You can either get a wireless router or get the USB ethernet adapter that connects to one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii which you can connect a wired connection to.

csiguy4u said:
There's nothing to plug in. . .it's wireless dummy.

As much as I hate pointing this out for the simple fact you're most likely doing this for attention, but is there a reason you're so unneccessarily rude?

It was an honest question, just because you know the answer doesn't mean the whole world should, too.

fistpittingnork said:
As much as I hate pointing this out for the simple fact you're most likely doing this for attention, but is there a reason you're so unneccessarily rude?

It was an honest question, just because you know the answer doesn't mean the whole world should, too.

I was stating the answer to his question dummy.

csiguy4u said:
I was stating the answer to his question dummy.

Right. Well you can show the world how you deal with your insecurities by calling us names all you want, but it's going to take a lot more than pieces from an argument two 6 year olds would have to offend most, if not all, people here, especially coming from someone whose screen name looks like it probably also doubles as his eHarmony.com name.

Back