480p @ $249.99 B.S. !!! Anybody else upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarsmang

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Where is my 480p? The nintendo Wii does NOT do 480p at $249.99. We all seem to forget that in order to get 480p we need to purchase cables at $29.99 and above. That makes a 480p Wii about 279.98 if you want 480p......

but....

Wait....... most all of us can't even BUY the damn things! What a hoax man..... i'm actually upset and have even sent Nintendo a Letter.... with no response yet of course....

Claiming to do 480p....well it doesnt...... Wii won't do 480p without an accessory purchase, an accessory that isn't available to me upon my purchase.... thats sad if you ask me....

OK i'm done venting....

P.S. Other than that, my Wii ROCKS!

If you really wanted 480p, you would have bought a component cable either online or over the phone through Nintendo or at an electronics store like Circuit City or EBGames. You seem to think the Wii is the only console that doesn't come standard with component cables (which, by the way, many people wouldn't be able to use since many people don't have 480p capable TVs). Look at the PS3, supposidly made for HD and guess what both the $500 and $600 versions come with. That's right, composite cables. The extra $30 is a small price to pay for widescreen, optical, and 480p Progressive Scan on a system that costs a fraction of what the other systems cost.

What makes me mad is the fact that only running 480p is a step backwards than last gen consoles. 720p would have been nice. And yes it sucks to have to buy cables for the system but look at the PS3. They spent $600 on system that doesnt come with HDMI cables or HD cables.

Lethal said:
What makes me mad is the fact that only running 480p is a step backwards than last gen consoles. 720p would have been nice. And yes it sucks to have to buy cables for the system but look at the PS3. They spent $600 on system that doesnt come with HDMI cables or HD cables.
Well, it's really not a step backwards as just setting a standard. Not everyone has an HD and even those with good non-HD TVs may not have component inputs (I'm lucky mine does, but many of my friends don't).

NateTheGreat said:
If you really wanted 480p, you would have bought a component cable either online or over the phone through Nintendo or at an electronics store like Circuit City or EBGames. You seem to think the Wii is the only console that doesn't come standard with component cables (which, by the way, many people wouldn't be able to use since many people don't have 480p capable TVs). Look at the PS3, supposidly made for HD and guess what both the $500 and $600 versions come with. That's right, composite cables. The extra $30 is a small price to pay for widescreen, optical, and 480p Progressive Scan on a system that costs a fraction of what the other systems cost.

Hey buddy, i'm not a dumbass...... I called every circuit city, best buy, gamestop, wal mart, target and NOBODY had cables before or after launch.
I held off on the Nintendo ones from their site because I read online articles that said they would be made available at launch from those retailers..... which was a lie... so by the time I got to nintendos site...A. they were sold out, and B. even if they wern't they couldn't ship them to me in time.... so here I wait... I won't even open my Zelda until I get component cables.

I know Nintendo and others don't package component cables..... and I understand why..... what I don't understand is why its so tough to have them on the shelves..... is that too much to ask?

Its like releasing a new video camera, but not selling the tapes until a month later..... or only releasing a select few.... its stupid.... you can't argue that... no one can

NateTheGreat said:
Well, it's really not a step backwards as just setting a standard. Not everyone has an HD and even those with good non-HD TVs may not have component inputs (I'm lucky mine does, but many of my friends don't).

Xbox and PS2 did 720p. Thats last gen. So not doing atleast 720p is a step backwards.

I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with component cables. However, I too hoped for some cables on retail. I would have paid up to $70 to get them on launch. I hate 480i. I can't stand 480i TV broadcasts, gaming, or anything. It really sucks when you have 720p and 1080p TV sets and have seen better.

Come on, this is 2006! These should have been on the shelves of Wal-Mart!!!

yarsmang said:
blah blah..
I know Nintendo and others don't package component cables..... and I understand why..... what I don't understand is why its so tough to have them on the shelves..... is that too much to ask?

blah blah..
the demand was greater than they expected, most of those with HD TV's ordered one straight away. Now you have to wait.

I don't even know how half of this 480p stuff works.

All I know is that it's about how many scanlines are on screen, so higher "p" means greater quality, but yeah, I'm still slack on the fundamentals of it.

MetroidZ said:
the demand was greater than they expected, most of those with HD TV's ordered one straight away. Now you have to wait.

Thank you for pointing out what is blatently obvious........

A. "the demand is greater than expected"
(good job! you understand why there are none left!)
B. "most of those with HD TV's ordered one straight away"
(did you mean right away?)
C. "Now you have to wait."
(really, I didn't know that LOL)

yarsmang said:
Thank you for pointing out what is blatently obvious........

A. "the demand is greater than expected"
(good job! you understand why there are none left!)
B. "most of those with HD TV's ordered one straight away"
(did you mean right away?)
C. "Now you have to wait."
(really, I didn't know that LOL)
why the **** are you asking then? you seem to know everything.

I was VENTING, stating something.... not asking...... it was more like questions for nintendo, not for you.

I understand the obvious, just don't understand why NIN would short change themselves and their customers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back