a 3D online world war?

tanlaan

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Apparently Playstation is in the works of a new online experience called "Home". It is somewhat like second life but made for the PS3 and PSP. It allows its users to free roam throughout its common areas and even create their own. Personally I like this idea and I hope that Nintendo will get a jump on a project for an online world where in you could use your Miis *upgraded Miis of course :p* to roam through tons of online worlds. Of course in retrospect this could just be a very small thing at first. Work mostly on the new Miis, make a few dozen rooms *maybe seperated by country*, and then send it out as beta so they can get all the quirks out and send updates frequently.

Here is the place I found out about "Home".
http://www.playfuls.com/news_06449_PS3s_Home_to_Be_Less_than_500MB_Sony_Laughs_at_MSs_XBL.html

Fark, sorry that I posted on something that is apparently been posted on. Still a good link though. :D

who is going to pay $700 to play the sims online with better graphics??? and its not even xbox live... lets see how there online system works then well see if its good or bad even if the online system is good its not going to get PEOPLE TO DUMP $700

It looks amazing!
700 dollars is pricey but if it actually is what it says it will be.
I might actually consider it.

it seems cool but people always make there games/systems/programs out to be way more revolutionary than it really is, consider fable for xbox, they claimed you decided how his life ended up, his appearance, his friends, and many other things, they said every action had a consequence, but all that hapeened was when you did something bad you looked slightly more evil and vice versa with good deeds, they made it out to be an rpg where you decide everything that happened when in reality you did the quests they asked and everything was basicly linear. (didnt mean to rant on that so long seeing as it is off topic, but it seems relevant and i think this is what will happen to "home" by sony.

MysticGohan said:
who is going to pay $700 to play the sims online with better graphics??? and its not even xbox live... lets see how there online system works then well see if its good or bad even if the online system is good its not going to get PEOPLE TO DUMP $700
Who's going to pay $300 to play SSBM online with better graphics??? and its not even xbox live...lets see how there online system works then well see if its good or bad even if the online system is good its not going to get PEOPLE TO DUMP $300
;)

I thought this thread would be about the next world war being fought in the virtual 3D world in order to save lives. Resting on the fate of our nation's gamers.

En4Neo said:
I thought this thread would be about the next world war being fought in the virtual 3D world in order to save lives. Resting on the fate of our nation's gamers.
This post was totally necessary.

En4Neo said:

lmao...great idea but i dont think George will go for it...he's much too sadistic for that.

En4Neo said:

lmfao that would be great, i have had this idea since i was like ten, except i thought that we should control robots but to us it would look like a video game, that way we just plow through their people, plus we could do suicidal things that they may be afraid to do since it would just be robots, like self destruct or running like mad out in the open and sprayin your AR15 shells everywhere until your robot is decapitated. by that time you will have taken out ten oponnents.

MysticGohan said:
im sorry i must have missed something
since when was the ps3 $700?
and the online system is better than Wii's will ever be...:zzz:

I've gotta go with Sovieto on this one...their online is pretty good, especially when you compare it with the Wii's.

Back