dsdavis

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A.
Wii Online Code
4221-9039-0966-9591
Hi,

I have Guitar Hero World Tour for my Wii, and have a couple questions:

Are there supposed to be instructions with the game? All I got was a couple of "quick start" type guides (one with the guitar, and one with the drums). I know there are tutorials in the game, but I'm surprised they didn't include a basic instruction manual.

I had a hard time getting the microphone to work at first, and had to look online for help since there was absolutely nothing in the way of instructions related to the microphone. Turns out I needed to plug the mic in before powering on the Wii. Simple, but would have been nice if they'd mentioned it somewhere!

Next question: Sometimes when I'm playing, I get the lightning strikes indicating, I believe, Star Power, but when I push the star power button with the heel of my hand (this is on the guitar, so the button is just to the right of the strum bar), nothing happens. Other times, I can push it and the notes turn blue indicating I have star power in effect. Is this normal? What exactly is required to get the lightning strike? I assume it's a string of non-missed notes, so if that *is* the case, if I miss a note after the lightning strike, but before I hit the star power button, will I lose my chance at Star Power?

On a related "note" (no pun intended), in GH:WT, can I still tip the guitar up to activate star power? I've tried a couple times, but it never seems to work. I think it may be because I play the guitar with it angled up in the first place sometimes.

Finally, I saw in a YouTube video of someone playing a GH song that while they were playing, a little indicator popped up at the top of the screen showing that one of their friends was online. Does this happen on the Wii version if you have friends added to your Friend Roster?

Thanks for the help!

Rock on!

I can't answer the first one, but:

Sometimes when I'm playing, I get the lightning strikes indicating, I believe, Star Power, but when I push the star power button with the heel of my hand (this is on the guitar, so the button is just to the right of the strum bar), nothing happens. Other times, I can push it and the notes turn blue indicating I have star power in effect. Is this normal?
Yes, this is normal.

To hit Star Power, you need to hit all the notes that are shaped like a star. You'll know when you have Star Power when there are 3 or more blue lights on top of your rock meter (the meter with red, yellow, green).

You cannot activate star power the first time you hit all the star notes (as you can see, there would only be about two lights shining above the meter, and they wouldn't be blue; you must hit two groups of star notes for star power). If you miss a note while hitting the star power notes, you will no longer be able to get star power until the next notes come.

On a related "note" (no pun intended), in GH:WT, can I still tip the guitar up to activate star power? I've tried a couple times, but it never seems to work. I think it may be because I play the guitar with it angled up in the first place sometimes.
Yes, you can. You should probably hold your guitar lower, so you can tilt it.

Finally, I saw in a YouTube video of someone playing a GH song that while they were playing, a little indicator popped up at the top of the screen showing that one of their friends was online. Does this happen on the Wii version if you have friends added to your Friend Roster?
Unfortunately, no. That's only on the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Hm. If you really think about it, Guitar Hero is much more complex than it seems.

Back