A Heads Up for GameCube Gear Used On Wii

Guitarsmasher108

Generic Title
Jan 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
7159-9949-3697-1168
I just want to give everyone a warning about a problem i came across a couple weeks ago. Anyways, i brought my wii over my friend's house, wii were going to play a GC game on it that i brought along. My friend had a generic GC memory card with some game data of the game wii were about to play. So i put the memory card into the wii and noticed i put it in the second slot by accident, so i went to try and pull it out but it wouldn't budge! I was getting nervous but eventually i got the darn thing out. I found out that the generic GC memory card was literally caught on a piece of metal that was in the wii. The piece of metal was supposed to be in the wii, so obviously it was the memory card's fault that it was caught on the piece of metal. The piece of metal is normally pointing down but the memory card caught it and when i tried to pull it out, the piece of metal bent upward. I manged to push it back down into the wii with a paper clip. I tried to put in a normal GC memory card into the same slot, the memory card went in, but you have to force it in, and force it out a little bit.

My point: Generic GC memory cards may not be safe with the wii. Some may work work fine, but others like the one i came across didn't. Hope this helped at least one person here :D

i wish i could remember the brand of the memory card :/ , and the metal piece is part of the wii, it's just that the memory card was lodged in it so much that because it was attached to the metal piece and wouldn't let go. when i ripped the memory card out, the metal piece bent upward.

Back