A Look At Voice Acting In Wii Games - Or Lack Thereof

Voice acting really doesn't bother me. As long as games have some incidental voice sounds, like on CoD3 for example when they scream commands etc I'm happy. I quite like reading the text in Zelda, I find it actually immerses me more.

The only game I can think of that has benefitted from voice acting is Metal Gear Solid and that was only because it was professionally done.

ottoman said:
ummmm corey, i think your one of the best writers on here. you probably are, but i must be honest...that wasnt very good at all. you didnt keep me interested as you normally would. but oh well, everyone makes mistakes, and we can learn from them :)

Sorry it wasnt to your liking - I dont expect to win people all the time, but I'm glad it managed to raise some discussion and interest all the same (more so than the last article, it seems). That's really the very least I can hope for.

Well Corey, who ever you are, I loved the piece. I actually read it all, unlike most of them.

if link did speak, what would be the point. there in a different world...land... place...thingy. they would have a different language. any way, it would stop link falling to his death and when someone sighs or somthing being special.

Lol.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaah! **** *** damn it, I wish I had Epona at times like this."

Malon is speaking...
"Hmm. She's pretty fine..."
- "What? Are you listening to me?"
xD!

some games like red steel and call of duty should have voice acting, but some games cant have anything over text and babling

text and babbling is the best. I like in Star Wars KOTOR how you can listen to aliens say entire paragraphs in wierd languages if you don't skip it. Okay, that's a totally diffrent topic, but it's still cool.

wii_girliefairie said:
ok link is cool he should never speak. p.s you are going off about text and the reading that is boring. well we all just read that super long post... retard!

At no stage did I criticize text as being "boring" - please actually comprehend not only the words but the subtext beneath them; it'll save you missing the point. Thanks for bumping the article though, makes my job easier.

Back