a newbie wanting some advice

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
ok..I have not as yet even linked to the net, although will do so as it is picking up by Orange Router ok. When I download to the wii does it automatically load to the wii memory or does it save to a SD card...would prefer to save to card to be honest as it means it will not take up valuable space on the wii used for games purchased in normal way..advice?

it downloads to the wii memory (vc games) for some reason you can move them to the sd card but not sure if you can play them from there, i dont know anyother reason to do this though coz when you click format system memory it says channels can't be restored even if they are on sd so i find that pointless as for room the biggest game i have takes 3 blocks and theres over 2000 (1900 or less if you have internet channel) so i dont think you will fill it in a hurry

also welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Last edited:
thanks for your advice and the supplemementary message....seems that is some money saved so i need not buy a SD card at all yet...LOL. I can use the money to get me a decent SCART cable

SD Card

I noticed last night, I moved the internet channel to me 1Gb DS card and guess what!!! it's no longer usable, howver I was able to move it back to the Wii Memory and use it.

I download my first VC game last nigt R-Type :yesnod: I am going to move this to the SD card and see if ti runs but I am sure I read on here somewhere that it won't work.

So far I only see the point of the SD card for putt your Wii saved games to and using it as a back up if you ever do run out of space on your Wii's internal memory.

Back