A racial slur used often on wiichat with no consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know i initially thought "JAP" was

Jewish American Princess. ive never used it in a "racial" way towards the japanese community.....ive said worse words but thats besides the point.

if you feel that it is offensive to you, please PM, report or contact a mod by other means and we will take care of it

The_Loose_Cannon said:

Jewish American Princess. ive never used it in a "racial" way towards the japanese community.....ive said worse words but thats besides the point.

if you feel that it is offensive to you, please PM, report or contact a mod by other means and we will take care of it

What The-!?

Jewish American Princess...
That's Pure Genious.

youve never heard of that before?????? its been around for the longest of times! thats what i first think of when i hear "jap" :shocked:

So why can I type out n---er? I refuse to type/say that word, even to make a point. However, I can type it out here, if I wish.

Even though the word is not filtered I'm pretty sure you will still receive a ban for saying it to others.

2. Be Courteous!
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

3. No Flaming
Flaming is defined as personal attacks or insults on another person regarding the persons religion/views/knowledge etc. Though we encourage healthy discussion and debate, a certain point comes in which an insult turns personal, and this is strongly discouraged via both public forums and the messenger. Reports of such abuse will usually result in a warning; multiple abuses will result in a Ban.

People are misusing the term 'Jap' here, as it is offensive to that population. It does not matter what you are using it as, it only matters what that population thinks of it. Period.

Most of the people here find that term as an abbreviation for the word Japanese. Like another member mentioned should I find it offensive when people call me Matt when my full name is Matthew? No, I shouldn't. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously because in my mind nobody has used it as a "racial slur".

/care?
Your taking it over the top
I don't care if people call mea Cracker because im white. Infact I find that word funny. I don't like many Japanese people will find the word 'Jap' offensive
And making a thread about it is just making it worse =/

Last edited:
ciper said:
I cannot believe you two. Are you japanese? Did you get your home and business taken away from you and forced to live in an internment camp? Would you call an african american a "******" just because it doesnt sound bad to you?

edit: Run this page through a translator. It is the Japanese dictionary's definition of the term "jap"
http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/search.php?MT=%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%C3%A5%D7&kind=jn&mode=1
yea i agree with u... because im mixed black and wite so i know how it feels!!!

ciper said:
The same as calling something you dont like "gay" like "i got a speeding ticket and it was SO gay" which is offensive to homosexual men.

I see this all the time on the forum... it's not ok to have somebody go

"omg like killing somebody for no reason is so gay"

To know that you are actually being likened to killing somebody for no reason is extremely depressing...

OK... so techinically i'm not gay... i'm bi... but it's still annoying that sleeping with other men is being compared to killing another person.

Almo said:
lol to me the word gay is definately not offensive to homosexual men, also if your going to be that pedantic then the word gay accually means happy.

=/ You may not... but as you can see... others do.

The word is over-used and has several meanings:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+Gay&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB said:
"Gay originally meant in English happy. In modern usage, the term is often applied interchangeably with homosexual, though there are important differences between the terms. While "homosexual" relates specifically to sexuality, the term "gay" is a political or social marker. "

Others definitions wont even state that it orginally meant Happy... they just say

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+Gay&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB said:
"Of or relating to males who experience a sexual attraction toward, and responsiveness to, other males."

Shoko said:
ok, so this is how it is:

to the japanese, jap is a negative, offensive word.

to everyone else; jap is just a short term for japanese, so u dont have to say or type "japanese"

ok, i just really put everything straight, so this thread can be closed

lets all read that again

The_Loose_Cannon said:

mmm love the jewish rich brats from pine crest!!!

lol south florida is full of japs! :sick: :lol: :yesnod: :crazy:

I know this can be offensive to many Japanese, which is why Id never say it off wiichat or when im on! Many of you dont see anything wrong with it but the fact is, IT CAN BE OFFENSIVE!

Last edited:
Syntax said:
Even though the word is not filtered I'm pretty sure you will still receive a ban for saying it to others.

Do a search on it. People using it are still around.

Apparently, a large part of the user base here is all 'me, me, me', and do not give a **** about other groups of people. That is the only explanation I can think of for people thinking that saying these words is ok. I realize many think that saying things like that looks 'cool', but I can assure you it just displays ignorance.

For the leadership team here to passively allow such ignorance and disrespect is not a great image to project.

For shame.

Shoko said:
lets all read that again

That did not straighten a thing out, other then display ignorance.

You might as well have said: "It means this to me, so screw everyone else."

Last edited:
Do a search on it. People using it are still around.

If you see people using racial slurs towards others I suggest you report that persons post or send a private message to a moderator and he or she will take care of it.

Syntax said:
If you see people using racial slurs towards others I suggest you report that persons post or send a private message to a moderator and he or she will take care of it.

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

The posts are still there, the threads still exist. The users still post.

Sometimes it takes time I guess because the notification for a reported to the moderators email so it just depends on when he or she checks her email and whether or not that moderator is online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back