A racial slur used often on wiichat with no consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syntax said:
Sometimes it takes time I guess because the notification for a reported to the moderators email so it just depends on when he or she checks her email and whether or not that moderator is online.

I would think a month would be sufficient for someone to respond to a reported post along those lines. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

that's cause it's the first three words of the word japanese guy

there are stories behind the word niggerm chink and eskimo, eskimo is like 20 times worse and a lot of inuits don't even find it offensive, sorry usually i like to think i'm not racist, but this is just rediculous

dakuda said:
That did not straighten a thing out, other then display ignorance.

You might as well have said: "It means this to me, so screw everyone else."

ok, u siad that i practically said "it means this to me, so screw everyone else"
but then read this

Shoko said:
To the Japanese: Jap is an offensive racial term......

To everyone else: Jap is a short term for Japanese, so people don't have to say or type "Japanese"

You see where you went wrong? You said I was saying "It means this to me, so screw everyone else", yet I said, "To the Japanese:" and "To everyone else". You see your mistake? I'm sorry dakuda but shut-up because that was very stupid. You always gotta say somethin to me or about me every time you see me, even if it dosent make sense. I'll pray for you:scared:

Last edited:
Shoko said:
ok, u siad that i practically said "it means this to me, so screw everyone else"
but then read this

You see where you went wrong? You said I was saying "It means this to me, so screw everyone else", yet I said, "To the Japanese:" and "To everyone else". You see your mistake? I'm sorry dakuda but shut-up because that was very stupid. You always gotta say somethin to me or about me every time you see me, even if it dosent make sense. I'll pray for you:scared:

I don't even pay attention to usernames most of the time, so lose the I am after you mentality. You may have said that "to the..." parts, but your intent was clearly, "This ends the discussion, move on and accept the current situation".

:crazy:

dakuda said:
I don't even pay attention to usernames most of the time, so lose the I am after you mentality. You may have said that "to the..." parts, but your intent was clearly, "This ends the discussion, move on and accept the current situation".

:crazy:
ok..........too bad ur still wrong about what i said though.............you cant really say wat i said was exactly wrong.............man, where's that "You fail" picture Darkprinny has? I sure can use it right now............

Edit: (Oh yea, it's hard not to think some1's after if they keep negatively commenting on you........think about that)

Last edited:
If it is offensive to a group, especially one as large as a nation, it should not have any other meanings. End of story. It does not matter what you think it means, or how you use it. It is unacceptable.

dakuda said:
If it is offensive to a group, especially one as large as a nation, it should not have any other meanings. End of story. It does not matter what you think it means, or how you use it. It is unacceptable.
I wasn't talking about what i think it means!!!!! WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THAT!? i was speaking for me, and many other people too. why cant you understand that? thats it, im getting that "You fail" pic........

dakuda said:

okay i have like three japanese friends and as far as i know it they do not get offended by that cause i say that to them all the time, i also use it as a short cur for saying japanese, like the other day i was like "sho do you have any jap music you can send me"
and he was like "sure"

you can't say the whole nation finds it offensive

thats ignorant mushroom

thats like how selective blacks dont find the N word offensive or the jews like myself that find "k*ke" offensive.

you cant think like that. not everyone has the same mentality for racial comments.

mushroomedmario said:
okay i have like three japanese friends and as far as i know it they do not get offended by that cause i say that to them all the time, i also use it as a short cur for saying japanese, like the other day i was like "sho do you have any jap music you can send me"
and he was like "sure"

you can't say the whole nation finds it offensive

true, but im pretty sure theres more japanese that find it offensive than there are those who dont

Last edited:
ok, i got a question for ciper and dakuda. What exactly does Jap mean to you? cause like, N--ger actually means something. it has a definition. but wat does jap mean? does it have a definition, or is it just simply offensive?

Its an abbreviation for the word Japanese.. Which I assume is the way most people see it here. When people use it their not trying to be offensive. Their just using it as an abbreviation. However if you do find someone who uses it as an insult to another person then feel free to report it.

Syntax said:
Its an abbreviation for the word Japanese.. Which I assume is the way most people see it here. When people use it their not trying to be offensive. Their just using it as an abbreviation. However if you do find someone who uses it as an insult to another person then feel free to report it.
exactly wat i was talking about on the first page. its an abreviation for us, but an insult for them. Thx for such a simple, understandable, correct post *Repped*

Syntax said:
Its an abbreviation for the word Japanese.. Which I assume is the way most people see it here.

yeah i agree 100% i think it's like the word jew

some people(around where i live anyways), use jew as an insult, like say "you stupid jew"(i do not mean any offence by this post(or any others for the msot part))

i think there is a responsible way to say it, and an offensive way to say, saying "dude the japs got pokemon way before us" it more respectful then "aww christ, the JAPS got pokemon before US"

maybe it's a regional thing too, near where i live i would never think that would be offensive, and i live in a city filled with asains(we have the 5th best university in the world) but maybe somewhere near pearl harbour they might

that's how i feel, sorry if this might make someone angry but i am ignorant like TLC said and i am probably not going to change my ways, i'm gongi to ask 2 of my jap friends tomorrow and see if they find it offensive, and explain to me why they would, if they do take personal offence to it then i will no longer use the word, also, i do not see why using JA as a short for is okay but not jap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back