A racial slur used often on wiichat with no consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoko said:
ok, i got a question for ciper and dakuda. What exactly does Jap mean to you? cause like, N--ger actually means something. it has a definition. but wat does jap mean? does it have a definition, or is it just simply offensive?

They both mean something, or this discussion would not be taking place. My first college degree was in History. I studied, and still study, many aspects of the world's history. The fact that the term was used disparagingly in the recent past to insult people of a culture means that is the definition that I accept. If you refuse to see that, then so be it.

Both words are equally defined as insulting to the respective population groups.

dakuda said:
They both mean something, or this discussion would not be taking place. My first college degree was in History. I studied, and still study, many aspects of the world's history. The fact that the term was used disparagingly in the recent past to insult people of a culture means that is the definition that I accept. If you refuse to see that, then so be it.

Both words are equally defined as insulting to the respective population groups.
i dont refuse to see it, so stop that. ur always assuming stuff about people. i simply asked for a definition of "Jap". Thats all i did. and i do agree that its an offensive, negative word, to the japanese, though we use it as an abreviation. thats wat ive been saying this whole time, which is not wrong either

Shoko said:
i dont refuse to see it, so stop that. ur always assuming stuff about people. i simply asked for a definition of "Jap". Thats all i did. and i do agree that its an offensive, negative word, to the japanese, though we use it as an abreviation. thats wat ive been saying this whole time, which is not wrong either

It is wrong to use it, regardless of context, if you know it is offensive.

i didn't know that anyone found it offensive up to today.........cause i don't think it's a big deal....even for them, i don't think they take as much offense as a black person would to the word ******,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back