Activision Confirm Guitar Hero Wii

Axtlar said:
I personally don't like Activision for only making games based on movies, shows, comics, etc, if they come up with a good action or adven ture game then I will shut up..but Activision sucks

agreed, I personally don't even like ANY game companies besides Nintendo, but recently I opend up to ubisoft(NO NOT JUST CUZ OF RED STEEL!) EA games, and Hudson.

Axtlar said:
I play guitar...is it easier than playing guitar?

Easier, yeah. Better, no. It's not like you can play whatever you want on it, it's just a game with a game controller. I'll admit it helps my playing a little bit, though. I don't tend to play stuff like Bark At The Moon from GH1 so it kinda forces me to be a little quicker.
Anyway... I'm not much of an Activision fan either. I love Spider-Man 2 but it got redundant long before you unlock everything. I love X-Men Legends but I think they kinda milked that franchise with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. They shot their wad. They tend to do that. Find success with a game and milk it. Tony Hawk's games have been dead to me since THUG 2. It's like having pizza for supper every night. It sounds great at first but after the same thing you get pretty sick of it and don't want it at all. I'm afraid them getting Guitar Hero could do that. They put a patent on "Guitar Villain" and something else similar already, whatever that could mean in the end.

Wiitendo said:
agreed, I personally don't even like ANY game companies besides Nintendo, but recently I opend up to ubisoft(NO NOT JUST CUZ OF RED STEEL!) EA games, and Hudson.

I'm with you there. Just about every Nintendo system I've owned, 90% of the games were produced by Nintendo. The only exceptions seem to be EA Sports titles. I have more PS2 games than GameCube, but the quality of the GameCube games is so much higher overall. I'm still anxious to see what we get on the Wii in this year alone. I'm also hoping they don't just release one major Mario title on this system, though. They've done that with N64 and GameCube. As much as I love Mario Party and the sports games, nothing beats the straight up Mario games. I guess Super Paper Mario might be considered one, but not the way Super Mario Galaxy will be. Then you have Zelda and Metroid. Those 3 alone make Nintendo my favorite company by far. Stuff like WarioWare and Wii Sports just add to that. Even stuff like Pokemon and Animal Crossing sets it apart from any other company.
I'm big on Ubisoft, too, mainly cuz of Prince Of Persia. Hopefully TMNT is the best game ever! :cornut:
I used to love Konami and Capcom but they seem to kinda milk certain franchises like Castlevania and Mega Man to the point that I can't even keep up how many games there are.

Nintendo sticks to their stuff and produces solid games while the other fire off 75 crap games a year

All of my friends and I are really excited for this.
We have hoped for this.
So happy for a confirmation

Sovieto said:
wow, im sure everyones looking forward to 3 shitty licensed titles along with guitar hero..
what are they trying to say?
we got shreK! people: yawn
how about spider man!? people: yawn
zomg transformers!!!11 people: would be good if it wasnt based off movie so we know its gonna be crap
guitar hero people: **** yah!!!!!111

that was kinda pointless but i just dont see why there promising 1 awesome title with 3 shitty ones
Spiderman 2 the game was great, it was like the GTA of Superhero games. It beats any other stupid Super hero game like (x3, hulk, superman and batman)

JerrodDRagon said:
Spiderman 2 the game was great, it was like the GTA of Superhero games. It beats any other stupid Super hero game like (x3, hulk, superman and batman)
did activision create spiderman 2 because their movie to games are ussualy crap, but im sure it was fun which is rare.. there are SOME good movie-to-game games..
but crackdown is gnona take over the superhero + gta concept

I'm well glad theyre bringing out guitar hero cause i love playing it. but i would love to see DRUM HERO!

i can just see myself using the nunchuk and controller as sticks and making some awesome drum beats

Hopefully now that Activision has picked this up they can obtain original recordings. I'll admit 98% of the remakes are excellent, but the GH series would be that much better with the originals.

GH 3 is rumored to be a 80-90's hair metal edition, I hope this is true and I hope it's the version that comes to Wii, but I would like to see Stairway To Heaven, I'm dying to play that song, and it'd be a perfect final song!

To someone elses comment on guitar hero, you don't have to like that style. I actually dont like 70's/80's rock at all, but i loved PLAYING them. Not sure why, but actually playing the song is much more exciting than listening to it. Like freebird, never heard that song before, I love that song now.

Hair metal=definant yes, I must own that haha
Drum hero=also must have, I'm a drummer, and that's all I've been thinking about since the Wii came out haha

This game will be great, but i hope they give us a normal guitar like other consoles i would hate if they triend to put the wii-mote in this game.

Word but knowing GH they wouldn't try to incorporate the Wii mote when they have a highly recognizable controller and plus that makes the game pack huge and impossible to miss which equals more sales

Back