Advice for Mario Kart Fan

selowitch

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
My family is about to get a Wii (purchased and wrapped for my son's birthday). We keep hearing how great Mario Kart: Double Dash is for the GameCube. Should we purchase that game and the GC controllers, or if we simply wait for Mario Party 8, is there enough Kart-like action in it to make the former purchase unnecessary?

I believe a Mario Kart game is still in the works for the Wii, if your son loves Mario kart, Go right ahead and get it for the gamecube. Fun game. Also for future refrence, Some games that are comming out in the future like Super smash Bros. Brawl will be able to use the Gamecube controller. Its well worth it and fun. Good luck.

I very much doubt Mario Party 8 will have kart riding to the extent that you shouldn't buy Double Dash. Also, Mario Kart 64 is on the VC channel and wold be cheaper, but to answer your question, Mario party 8 won't have that much Kart Riding I imagine.

Yes, it is worth purchasing the game and the controllers. It is a great game which I guarantee will have all the family playing. Also, as mentioned above, you may need to use the GC controllers for the likes of SSBB. I am sure that a Wii version of Mario Kart will be released in the future.

Byuakuya said:
Yes, it is worth purchasing the game and the controllers. It is a great game which I guarantee will have all the family playing.
It really sounds like fun!
Byuakuya said:
I am sure that a Wii version of Mario Kart will be released in the future.
Perhaps, though I haven't seen an announcement, so I'd guess earliest would be Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa 2007. So perhaps the GC version would be fine.

Last edited:
the VC version is pretty good. all you need are classic controllers and your set.

bob_digga said:
the VC version is pretty good. all you need are classic controllers and your set.
Now *that* is intriguing. Seems like a lower-cost option, and given that the Wii DVD-based titles are so expensive, economizing is key. I think I'll try that. Am I right that the Wii has Wi-Fi built-in, so all I have to do is configure it to work on my home WLAN and I'm set? It's so exciting that the Wii supports GC and VC games. What an astoundingly vast and rich library of games. That's awesome. Makes the Wii sort of like a GameCube on steroids!

yea, the wii should see it automatically. you may need to set a password and ****. use the hex one it gives you.

selowitch said:
It really sounds like fun!Perhaps, though I haven't seen an announcement, so I'd guess earliest would be Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa 2007. So perhaps the GC version would be fine.

Dont get your hopes up. Im expecting it mid-08 or later.

Seeing as not only do we have no information, but Ninty hasnt even mentioned the thought of it yet.

I'm sure you can get the controllers and game off of ebay for super cheap. My wife and I LOVED Mario Kart for GC. It's definitely great game. I've been hooked on mario kart games since SNES. You can't go wrong with Mario Kart!

ImageFX said:
I'm sure you can get the controllers and game off of ebay for super cheap. My wife and I LOVED Mario Kart for GC. It's definitely great game. I've been hooked on mario kart games since SNES. You can't go wrong with Mario Kart!
Cool! I'm excited now. Oh, BTW, a bit off-topic, but is there anything different between the Wii-branded Classic Controller and a plain-ol' GameCube controller?

selowitch said:
Cool! I'm excited now. Oh, BTW, a bit off-topic, but is there anything different between the Wii-branded Classic Controller and a plain-ol' GameCube controller?

Gamecube controlller just works with Gamecube Games.
Classic Controller works with Virtual Console Games.

Classic Controller also works with some Wii games like Dragonball Z and I know that in the future it will also be used in Mortal Kombat. But, You dont NEED it for these games its just an alternative way for controls. There will probably be other future games that support the classic controller too.

Back