Mario Kart Wii Disscussion Thread

Frogger said:
Does anyone consider CPU karts competition?
Sometimes.....they need to make them harder!!!

Like on Mario Kart 64....there easy..but when you get knocked out and a cpu like toad "My fav. character by the way" passes you....there is no way in God's Green Earth...that your gonna come back to first place....unless by some Divine Intervention!:lol:

CyanRussel said:
Sometimes.....they need to make them harder!!!

Like on Mario Kart 64....there easy..but when you get knocked out and a cpu like toad "My fav. character by the way" passes you....there is no way in God's Green Earth...that your gonna come back to first place....unless by some Divine Intervention!:lol:

Somehow they always seeem to have a better start than you, of course, you can take them with a boost but if you were behind Bowser that puts you back about three seconds.

They're easy to pass, they're designed for the intended audience to beat them (you can all argue over what age that is) so it is very possible. You know Wave Race? Those CPUs annoyed me, a lot.

Frogger said:
Somehow they always seeem to have a better start than you, of course, you can take them with a boost but if you were behind Bowser that puts you back about three seconds.

They're easy to pass, they're designed for the intended audience to beat them (you can all argue over what age that is) so it is very possible. You know Wave Race? Those CPUs annoyed me, a lot.
Yea i agree...i would use a boost and jump over the heaviest guys...DK, Wario, Bowser...and middle weights....Mario, and Luigi....always took first:lol:

I had waverace...but i didnt like it...hard to get those lights on while doing those hard ass tricks:mad5:

^LOL

Back ontopic

The one good thing i can say about this upcoming title of Mario Kart on wii is that....it is back one person on one kart.....i hated having a second passenger behind me...

Besides it was slower

I also hope that the "STARS" end up being strong or stronger than Mario Kart 64.....Double Dashed "Stars" sucked....were slower than Mushroom booster and were weak when you had hit other opponents...

Lightning when used....you should be able to squash your opponents when they are small....but on Double Dash you cant do that....

Other stuff i would like to add but having a hard time remembering

All I can say is bring back bombs for battle.

I'm SURE you're just used to bananas and green shells Emma? :lol:

CyanRussel said:
I didnt really like the Spiny Shell in Double-Dash....it was better on 64 when it would go in a straight path in the middle and keep on people that go in the middle, then it would find its mark....THE PERSON WHO IS IN FIRST PLACE:lol:
The Double Dash one was better in my opinion. Didn't take down the people in between, but it taunted you as soon as it found you in first place. Watch it next time you play, it hovers infront of you for a second.

oh shi-*BOOM*

I hope snaking is taken down a bit by making the sliding harder. Mainly to annoy, partly because everyone who snakes usually looks like they have a disablity zig zaging everywhere.

Also, stunts will be fun. Mern mern, ruin the game etc. If you don't approve, don't do them, as far as I can tell you arent forced. But yeah I think they look pretty fun.

Brawny said:
There better be an option to use the D-pad.

This goes to you and in fact everyone 'concerned' about the steering wheel control method.

Reggie Fils-Aime stated, when he revealed the Wii Wheel at E3, that MK:Wii would have multiple control methods, one of which would be the wheel.

Don't worry. The Wheel is a clever way of aiming the game at a wider audience. I promise you, normal gamers will still have access to an analog control scheme.

EDIT: Here's the quote:

And this is also the Mario Kart where a first-timer can immediately stay bumper to bumper with a kart veteran. That's because of a variety of control choices, including a franchise first - a custom Wii Wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmLa2HEsC58

Last edited:
I'm new to the console market and haven't played any of the other racing games except Double Dash. My husband and I really enjoy that one. The only thing I would like to see in Mario Kart Wii is a track editor. I'd love to make my own tracks and download other people's creations. That would extend the life of the game considerably.

Stalky said:
This goes to you and in fact everyone 'concerned' about the steering wheel control method.

Reggie Fils-Aime stated, when he revealed the Wii Wheel at E3, that MK:Wii would have multiple control methods, one of which would be the wheel.

Don't worry. The Wheel is a clever way of aiming the game at a wider audience. I promise you, normal gamers will still have access to an analog control scheme.QUOTE]

Don't mean to pick at your post, but wouldn't the wheel be an analog control scheme, while the traditional use of the D-pad being digital.

Well even you may trump my disection of the control schemes. Alas, the wiimote's tilt is by far the closest to an analog control scheme thus far.

Back