Mario Kart Wii Disscussion Thread

CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
This is the place we talk about Mario Kart on the wii...

*Anything that has nothing to do with this thread in particular....go talk about it in the lounge...THANKYOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN READING THIS!*

I didnt really like the Spiny Shell in Double-Dash....it was better on 64 when it would go in a straight path in the middle and keep on people that go in the middle, then it would find its mark....THE PERSON WHO IS IN FIRST PLACE:lol:

MK:64 >>>>>> all Mario Karts. Hopefully MK:Wii will change that, unless Nintendo just keeps making their games more and more geared towards new gamers. If it does end up being easy and short...I'll be very disappointed (considering Corruption, Galaxy, and LoZ have all taken that path).

I think it'll be cool if one of the racetracks on MKWii is like the gaming experience of SMG by being upside down....that would rock.

ok, just chekin,

back on topic

glad to hear this game has wifi, the wifi capability can definetly boost the playtime on this game by tones of hours, i cant wait to hear what new characters there will be, and what characters will be returning......and 1 question....is it just me or is anyone else not soooo excited about the steering wheel........seems to just be a useless gimik to me.......but who knows, it could turn out t0 be good

I think the wheel will be a fun twist, but as you said, it is a gimmick. Doesn't mean it'll be lame though.

i havent played many wii driving games, do you think the controls will be ok? I love the mario kart series but i think the wii might ruin it.

My Mario Kart senses are tingling.

The blue shells on the DS were absolutely miserable though, I think that the point of that item is it has to hit the player in first, it can be avoided too easily. You can't blame snaking for that, a lot of people do it, not like anyone's ever in front of me or anything... I liked it when it hit anyone in its path, gave a bit of variety.

Stunts, I have no idea why they are in this game, I think they're trying to expand it, whatever the need it's just never necessary. I didn't think they could do this to sweet sweet Mario Kart, but if this game goes down the plug hole I will take out my wrath on some people. It doesn't bother me that motorbikes have been introduced, because there were some funny looking karts in the DS version I actually liked, but, come on... Stunts... Why!?

Is this region locked?

I can't wait to play Frogger and kick her butt on it.

On a serious note, this game is looking/sounding pretty sick.
It won't disappoint I am sure.

I'd definitely like to see some sort of Mario Galaxy based track. Maybe as this games Rainbow Road sort of thing.

Something where you hit ramps that shoot you of to a seperate section of track with reversed gravity. Or a track with multiple sections of directional gravity, where you drive off the edge of a cliff, then the gravity shifts, and you fall and land on the cliff face, which is now the track...

I can't wait for this title, Like you said the Stunts aren't really a good idea. Don't fix it if its not broken. I think that if the steering wheel works well it will be greatm if its jumpy and stuff it may ruin the game. Hope they add classic controller compatibly. Thats all i go to say, exoect for I LOVE MARIO KART lolz

Back