Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

any plans for a new zelda ??

Discussion in 'Legend of Zelda' started by extremegam, Oct 8, 2007.

1. extremegam

extremegam extremegamezonline.com

i know there is one due out on DS but any plans for a new Zelda project on the wii ??

cheers

extremegamezonline.com

2. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Not at the moment.
    One is in development I bet, or is being thought of.

But they kinda keep that secret until its time for one to come out again.
    Maybe next year we will hear something.

3. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

I agree with the poster above - while there hasn't been any formal press releases, you can bet Nintendo wants to leverage one of their key franchises, and development is in process.

Especially considering the current Wii Zelda is basically a Gamecube port. I *really* want to see a Zelda game, developed from the ground up for the Wii. I figure with this extra time since launch, they've learned a good bit more about the machine and it will be a significant improvement over the current title (which is already pretty darn good).

~DT

4. Eagles

Eagles WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5207-2685-9420-8549
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Here's an IGN article on the subject, it was written after quizzing Miyamoto:

E3 2007: Aonuma and Miyamoto on Next Wii Zelda
    Some ideas are being thrown around, but don't expect a sequel anytime soon.
    by Matt Casamassina

US, July 12, 2007 - The launch of Twilight Princess with the Wii was a first for Nintendo, which has never delivered a Zelda game so early in the life cycle of a new console. So does that mean fans may not be treated to another Zelda project, this time developed exclusively for Wii? Well, at the very least, it looks like it's going to be awhile, Speaking with IGN Wii, Twilight Princess director Eiji Aonuma and Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto collectively indicated that while some ideas are being tossed around for a new Wii Zelda project, nothing is very far along, or set in stone.

Asked if Twilight Princess would be Wii's last Zelda, Aonuma said, "I can't say, but I guess for now, maybe, yeah [laughs]. Not to say that it's going to be the final game. There's still a lot of potential with the Wii so there's still a possibility that there could be another Zelda for it. We do have some ideas in the works, but I can't say for sure because none of them have been approved and we're still very much in the planning process, so I hope you look forward to whatever comes out."

While Twilight Princess performed under expectations in Japan, the newly released DS title, Phantom Hourglass, is selling very well, and Nintendo is taking notice of gamers' reactions. "The Phantom Hourglass has been released in Japan and reception has been very, very positive," said Aonuma. "We've actually been able to receive feedback from the users and we'll definitely take all of those comments into consideration when creating the next Zelda, whether it be for Wii or DS."

Shigeru Miyamoto elaborated on the likelihood of another Wii Zelda. "It's really hard to say because we've never had a Zelda that's appeared so early in the life cycle of the system, so it's definitely possible that there would be another Zelda on Wii," he said. "Of course, the challenge is that typically a Zelda game is something that takes three years to develop, so we'll just have to wait and see."

5. mushroomedmario

mushroomedmario ssb4life

Wii Friend Code: 5701-4561-7633-7008
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i really don't think it's in development already, maybe they'll start it in a year...

6. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

Good find :yesnod:

7. neiltot

neiltot WiiChat Member

Can't wait.. :lol:

8. wiilike

wiilike Banned

my guess...

production start date: Jan-Apr 2007
    announcment: Mar-Jun 2007
    completion: Jan-Dec 2010

9. JT.

JT. A glitch in life

New Zelda already in development, to be revealed soon (meaning at least by next e3). I can't remember where I read it, but it's in development, I could bet my left eye on that (highlighting the "could").