any really good tips for a newbie?

Tip: The games don't require as much movement as you think.

To add on to what Think said...for instance you can play all of WiiSports (maybe not bowling) without even moving your arm.

yea but that ruins the experience, nobody just wants to flick their wrist to play tennis,golf,boxing,and baseball.

No zeon the other guy who kept saying poop.

Think said:
I got a tip for ya.... don't get too into Wii sports 1st night I had my wii me and my cousin went nuts over it and I think I tore my shoulder in like 4 places lol Basically what im saying is you don't need to swing too hard

Agreed, first night we played with the Wii for like 8hrs solid, lots and lots of boxing. Next day I could barely move my arms lol.

groggy said:
i got my wii yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any essential tips i should know?
Hmm....
Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
read the rules
There ya go.

But seriously, here's some tips:

--- DON'T SPAM, you get severely flamed for it, plus it ruins your reputation (don't want that now do we?).

--- If there's not a thread about something you want to know about, then you can create a thread. If you're not totally sure, either search for the thread or PM someone who you think would have the answer (i'm always here to help, as well as mods and the ever-busy i0n).

--- this isn't a must, but it does help your reputation (since your smart, i'm sure this won't be hard); when you post, make yourself sound intelligent, even if you don't have a wide vocabulary, just structure your sentences well and whatnot...

--- try not to get into debates unless it's a thread actually debating about something, (such as a thread actually made for discussing religion) if someone says something and you want to know why, just PM them about it; that, or use any other contact info you have on them (i.e. email, AIM, ect.)

--- Read the rules, it takes time, but you become a better person by reading them...ok, that's bologna, but it does make you a better poster on this forum. It also gives you a basis on how many forums are structured, so you don't have to read the rules on every single forum you're ever going to be a part of.

--- This kinda of ties in with point #3, but don't post your opinions arrogantly. Sometimes it might just come out because you feel strongly on an issue, but try not to (otherwise people can get REALLY pissed).

So....Not Spamming + Posting Intelligently + Asking Questions + Knowing When To Say What + Reading the rules + Not Being Arrogant = LOTS O' FRIENDS.

Have fun, and welcome to Wiichat. :)

Back