how early should i get there?

caddyflyby

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2008
Hi all,
I officially know that my local circuit city is going to have 20 Wii's available at opening tomorrow (Sunday). They open at 10 am, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what time to get there from past experience? I was thinking at least 8, but I'm willing to get there earlier if thats what it takes. I have been trying to find one for a few weeks now and I don't want to pay the scalpers online. Thanks for any advice!

Lol..8? No way..be a man and get up and see if anyone is in line at 3. If not, go to bed for one hour and come back at 4, if not, go to bed for another hour. Get there at 5-6ish.

I'd say 8 is probably fine. (Unless you think a lot of people know that they'll have Wiis in stock) If I were you I'd go and grab something to eat from some restaurant or something at about 7. As you are heading to the restaurant, drive buy your Circuit City. If there's no line, go get your food. Then, come back and wait in your car until a line forms. (Make sure you're in the top 8 or so) If a line has formed at 7, then you'll just have to get in a line then.

Last edited:
People by me were lining up at Target around 6am on a Sunday but keep in mind this was right before Christmas. I'd agree with the others and say 8am is probably safe, but maybe take a look at 7am so you don't miss out.

Good luck!

I would go around 6:00am to check to see if there's a line up. If there is, I suggest on waiting in line.

I would say somewhere in between 7-8am.
Bring or buy food like suggested, making the wait less painful, but after the wait it will be worth it :wink:

Make sure you bring a magazine or DS/PSP to keep yourself busy if u go a few hours early.

8 sounds good. Like others said, grab bite to eat around 7 then head over to the store.

At least go there around 6-8am just incase and you never know people might be there in line, might know about it and be waiting for those wiis anytime soon too.

I got to a BB at 5am for an 8am opening... I think you can get by with getting there at 7-8am. Most people are in church and such at 10am.

i say buy a 1 person tent camp out RIGHT at the door so nobody cuts in front of you and get there at 12pm which is in 6 min.!!!!

Back