My Odly Cursed Wii-Related Luck . . . .

Smileface

Your buddy! Or not . . .
If you read my last thread telling of my pathetic story of wii related woe, you will know that I sprained my wrist and leg on the way to get a wii, and the day after that, went to get it and reservations ended the day before, resulting in me having to wait until February. ANYWAY, a second attempt to get the wii, I followed everyones advice and went to a different store instead of gamestop. WELL, since Best Buy had quote "Totally like, none in stock, bra!" I went to Circuit City! I asked the manager personally, since he can't possibly make a mistake, and he said, "We will DEFINITELY have wiis in stock this Sunday." I asked again, and he gave me a 100% guarantee. I asked when to be there, and he said as early as possible, maybe 2 hours before they open. SO, that sunday, I woke up very early, (6:00) went to Circuit City, and waited for the store to open for 2 hours. In the cold. With the wind Blowing fiercely at my face. I wondered why there was no line, or any person whatsoever for that matter, but I couldn't go home since my Dad dropped me off and my cell phone broke from the car accident from my last story. So, stranded in front of a Circuit city in the cold, standing for 2 hours is definitely worth getting a wii. FINALLY, the store opened. I hopped in with a mix of happiness and frozen fingers, and went straight to the wii section. I looked around, and it wasn't there. ?? I thought . . . I asked some employees where the wii was. They said they dont have any, and I went to the manager. He said, "Sorry!" And walked off. How cruel is that? AND to top it all off, I got pneumonia from Standing in the cold for so long.
The store did not give me anything, no discount, no ACTUAL apology, just aa simple, "Sorry!"
And for those who are wondering, Yes, I did call them before they opened, but they were not there. And yes, I called them the day before and they said they would have it.
LIARS!!!!
Well then . . . .
That is my SECOND wii related sad story.
Thank you for reading
and Thank you if you actually feel sorry for me.

ya thats some bull... thats how i got my wii waiting on a sunday for a store to open after being told thats when they showed up....

and if he said it would be there and because he was wrong had you waiting, i'd demand a rain check "if it was policy or not" i would want one wii garanteed when they arrived because of that... Just spread the news of what happened in your area... Big buisness always forgets the power of "word of mouth" within a community... they usually notice it right when they hang the out of buisness sign up...

i'd say you'd be best ordering one with a $5 increase for shiiping or w/e, you save a lot from medical bills by the sound of your stories.

aww man , it sounds like your gonna go nuts once you lay your hands for the first time on "your wii" ... with all the trouble you've gone through ... hope it all turns all good for you.

Go to the store, demand a rain check. Like a user said above, big business doesn't get how powerful word of mouth is.

When you go there, don't act nice to them. Be pissed like I'm sure you are. Go in there, straight to the manager and say, "Ya know what? I'm sick of your BS. I don't care if it's not policy, get me a rain check on a Wii. I waited outside your store for two hours to hear a sorry. You don't know how fast word of mouth will go through this town."

That's exactly what I would do. I'm insanely pissed off at that store because I had a similiar, maybe worse story.

I was told by the manager that they would have 18 Wii's in the next morning. The guy first in line was told by the manager to make a list from 1-18. Those people would get a Wii. I was number 13. I waited 9 hours in line, 30 degree weather plus wind chill. They opened at 7 and said they had 12 Wii's. I was then informed it was because of "under the counter sales" the night before. Eventually, I got a Wii. But dude, trust me. I feel what you went through.

LOL man just give up on life already good karma wiiiiil come ur way when you do trust me when you stop caring everything gets better=D

wow, another classic heart break story you have told us. EVERYONE PUT GET WELL SMILEFACE IN THEIR SIG...

he should be now renamed Unhappy face

Smileface said:
If you read my last thread telling of my pathetic story of wii related woe, you will know that I sprained my wrist and leg on the way to get a wii, and the day after that, went to get it and reservations ended the day before, resulting in me having to wait until February. ANYWAY, a second attempt to get the wii, I followed everyones advice and went to a different store instead of gamestop. WELL, since Best Buy had quote "Totally like, none in stock, bra!" I went to Circuit City! I asked the manager personally, since he can't possibly make a mistake, and he said, "We will DEFINITELY have wiis in stock this Sunday." I asked again, and he gave me a 100% guarantee. I asked when to be there, and he said as early as possible, maybe 2 hours before they open. SO, that sunday, I woke up very early, (6:00) went to Circuit City, and waited for the store to open for 2 hours. In the cold. With the wind Blowing fiercely at my face. I wondered why there was no line, or any person whatsoever for that matter, but I couldn't go home since my Dad dropped me off and my cell phone broke from the car accident from my last story. So, stranded in front of a Circuit city in the cold, standing for 2 hours is definitely worth getting a wii. FINALLY, the store opened. I hopped in with a mix of happiness and frozen fingers, and went straight to the wii section. I looked around, and it wasn't there. ?? I thought . . . I asked some employees where the wii was. They said they dont have any, and I went to the manager. He said, "Sorry!" And walked off. How cruel is that? AND to top it all off, I got pneumonia from Standing in the cold for so long.
The store did not give me anything, no discount, no ACTUAL apology, just aa simple, "Sorry!"
And for those who are wondering, Yes, I did call them before they opened, but they were not there. And yes, I called them the day before and they said they would have it.
LIARS!!!!
Well then . . . .
That is my SECOND wii related sad story.
Thank you for reading
and Thank you if you actually feel sorry for me.

That is the meanest wii related account I have ever heard ina long time! That's the kinda stuff that makes people go "postal." I hope you can get one soon. And yes, I do feel sorry for you, but more angry at how you been treated...

Back