Anybody else really hate the fishing at the beginning?

LordOfTheStrings

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
Maybe it's because I'm not at all a fan of fishing in real life, but the fishing at the beginning of this game (to feed the cat) is really getting on my nerves. I've read guide after guide from GameFAQs, IGN, and GameSpot and I still have no luck. It's really tedious for me for some reason.

I sure that I know why you hate it.
You have to hold the rod, don't pull it too hard.

How the hell do people find this hard? I worked out how to do and actually do this in like a minute or so its easy as and yes I'm good at gaming but that's beside the point, its very simple you just have to think a little and you'll get it and not to pull the fish in on the first nibble wait until the 3rd or 4th nible

Last edited:
If you having trouble fishing then here's what you have to do. Cast the line and hold the wii-mote down. Once the bobber goes into the water pull up on the wii-mote and hold. You'll catch the fish with no problem.

Pay particular attention to the green mark on the bobber. Use that as a reference point as to when to pull up on the wiimote.

I had no problem with feeding the cat. What i hate is the damn monkeys that follow you and don't stop squeeking!!!!!!!!!

Fishing made easy

I also had problems with fishing at first, but I found an easy way. Simply cast, and pull up slightly on the wiimote (to take out the tension, or slack in the line) Then wait till a fish takes the bobber under the water. Once under the water, simply jerk the wiimote to the left...bam, fish on!!! Maybe this won't help, but it works for me. Also keep in mind, that there are different fish, the catfish need to have a grub worm, or larvea thing on it to catch, and the others (in the actual village area) do not.

Well, good luck fishin'

fishing:

-throw the line and hook in the water, wait for the lure (floater) to stabilize.

-if need be lower your wiimote so that there's a bit of slack on the line

-wait. as soon as you see the lure get pulled under water, it means a fish is biting... pull the wiimote upright. that's it!

I didn't mind it, but by the time I was required to go fishing again later in the game I forgot how to do it and that caused me a bit of trouble.

Wow.... good God people.... it isn't that difficult. If you can't beat the fishing part...good luck figuring how to do anything else.

Catching the rat bastard Reekfish is what took me a long time. Bloody retarded, but finally I lucked out..I dont know how I did it!:tard:

Back