mythical rightward english bowling swing

Noremacam

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Howdy! New poster!

I need some help and perhaps some verification. I've gone through a number of guides online, and read tons of tips from your site, but I have NEVER gotten a ball to have right english. I've tried both moving the controller very hard(and soft too) to the right during a swing, I've tried tilting (hard and soft)it right during the forward swing, the back swing, and right as the button is released.

I've done swings that, in real life, would've killed any bowler standing to the right of me - and still hit only the very left pin. After an hour playing this afternoon the best throw I got(after reading a number of guides) still had just a little leftward english but managed to still hit the center pin. Yes I know you can move your character to the right, yes I know you can change the direction too - but what I want to know is if it is physically possible to get the ball to move to the right, without changing the direction(IE, pressing the A button and moving to the right). And if this is possible, is there a video to either prove it or show me how?

If not, I'm considering making a youtube video because everyone here is having the same problem and thinks it's a bug in the game and would be funny to put online. I have NEVER gotten a rightward english swing on purpose. Since I got the system in november, I've probably gotten rightward english maybe twice(although not actually trying to).

Twist the remote to the right and it will go right, twist it to the left and it will go left (before the shot i.e. twist, keep it like that and swing)

Rajveer said:
Twist the remote to the right and it will go right, twist it to the left and it will go left (before the shot i.e. twist, keep it like that and swing)

I just tried it a bunch of times. I'm assuming that by "before the shot" you mean chosing the twist angle before holding B. By the way, I'm twisting on the Y axes which is naturally to the left and right when holding the controller normally. I tried it twisted to a 45 degree angle to the right and a 90 degree angle to the right - they still moved to the left. Oddly, when I moved it to the left(my sanity check), it had a very strong spin to the right(first!), so I thought well lemme duplicate my swing(thinking that I've somehow got it backwards), and since then on the duplicate sings continue to move to the left.

So so far, I've had all leftward english with my rightward english occuring when I was actually tilting to the left. I've been unable to duplicate the result.

A thought occurs to me, could it be a malfunctioning controller? I've yet to try it on another controller, and finding one in the stores is still impossible(still been looking for weeks). I don't know anyone else who has a wii either, so I can't try it on another system either.

Last edited:
No, twist it along the remote's z-axis if holding it flat pointing towards the tv (so if your pointing at the screen, the z-axis is the axis going from the remote straight out from its infra-red sensor to the tv). Maybe I said it wrong, twist your forearm not your wrist.

I'm pretty good at spins so this is how I do it in cronological order.

1st you start your swing with B pressed and keep remote level

2nd you reach your far point in back

Now this is important phase from far back point to point you release B (and ball)
-This is allso a phase where you should twist your remote right or left.

3rd point where you release B (and ball)

If I'm being too vague just ask. By the way I think trowing straight it much more harder than making nice left spin.

Try bowling as a lefty if you want it to always go right. You do not have to hold it in your left hand if you choose 'left handed'. Wii don't care either way :).

Back