Wii Sports bowling EXPOSED!

Bato Vukovic said:
For each Wii Sports game you choose if you are right handed or left handed.

In the real world, if you bowl with your right hand, you can NOT! spin the bowling ball towards the left, you would break your wrist....

Think about it????

bye.

Actually I am Right handed, and for some reason I bowl like a lefty. My release I open my hand up and towards the right, putting opposite spin on the ball. I may not be a bowling pro, buts what works for me. Took me some getting used to having to bowl on the Wii like a normal person again, lol.

jared19 said:
I just tried it and hes right. I had one pin standing on the right side. I took my aim all the way to the left. Bowled like I always do (Right to left spin) and it tried to go right to the pin. I never noticed it nor do I think it makes much of a differnece. YOu still have to have some skill to pick up spares as well as strikes.

absolutely, I agree it's still fun and still requires skill. You may not have total control, but you do have control over the amount of spin you give -- just not necessarily the direction.

I didn't think it was right due to the spin training game, but in normal bowling the ball will go towards the last remaining pin, regardless of which spin is put on.

Here is your answer

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

It has nothing to do with the wii remote. The problem is the way you are bowling. Twisting the controller is not neccecary, the biggest factor is the direction you natrually lean toward, as the controller natrually detects this.

forget twisting the controller, curve your whole bowl in the direction you want.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing as above. The wii remote detects spin based on whether you bowl moving your arm out and away from your body while bowling it forward or in and towards your body as if you were going to throw the wii remote over your left shoulder at the end of the bowl. NOW... Go and test this for yourself!

;P

Twisting has nothing to do with it.

Wiily Good said:
It isn't the game designers fault. If you look at my last post it will explain everything.

You didn't explain everything in your last post, the problem isn't the direction he's holding his wrist...

WII SPORTS BOWLING HAS AN AUTO-DIRECTION FIX IN IT.
though, if you are even remotely good at bowling you aren't going to notice this because it's only used on very bad shots.

Everyone please try this before you post again trying to refute this claim:
Start a bowling game and stand one dot to the left (to right if you're left handed) and put some left spin on the ball (again right if you're left handed). That should equal a gutterball. No matter when you let go of the ball or how fast it's going, it will always correct the direction.

Believe me when I first found this thread I was ready to just call this guy a bad bowler and that he didn't know how to use spin control. but then i tried this. again, YOU ARENT GOING TO NOTICE IT UNLESS YOU PURPOSELY TRY IT.

but i dont think it takes anything away from the game, because if you're a good bowler you would probably never notice it (IE: everyone here)

Last edited:
In my Wii bowling the ball always curves to the left(I play right handed even though I'm left handed). If I go to the right end really close to the gutter it still goes to the left and if I go to the other side that way, instant gutter in fact I have picked up the method to bowl a perfect game with this estranged part of the game. I go a bit to the right then i hold b but i hold it till I almost get it up to the end of my toss but I release b while still going fast and it usually curves right into the center pin in a way that it always knocks them all down. I don't like bowling anymore though. :/

i get the same problem

i just got my wii this weekend and i noticed this problem quite often (i guess cause i suck and keep leaving pins up). but i have noticed this when the 10 pin is left standing (right most pin) and a pin left standing on the left-side. obviously i wanted to get the left pin cause im a righty and it's my normal spin. so i made sure i curved it how i normally curve it (right to left). however, it curved towards the 10 pin on the right side. this happened to me more than once. this even happened when i had two pins on the left side and one on the right.

i think what the game does it wants you to go for the right-side instead of the left-side (i dont know why). 'cause when the same scenario occurred, i went for the 10 pin (right side) and did the same spin (right to left) aiming towards the gutter of course. and that worked. it DIDN'T spin to the right.

i just got my wii this weekend and i noticed this problem quite often (i guess cause i suck and keep leaving pins up). but i have noticed this when the 10 pin is left standing (right most pin) and a pin left standing on the left-side. obviously i wanted to get the left pin cause im a righty and it's my normal spin. so i made sure i curved it how i normally curve it (right to left). however, it curved towards the 10 pin on the right side. this happened to me more than once. this even happened when i had two pins on the left side and one on the right.

i think what the game does it wants you to go for the right-side instead of the left-side (i dont know why). 'cause when the same scenario occurred, i went for the 10 pin (right side) and did the same spin (right to left) aiming towards the gutter of course. and that worked. it DIDN'T spin to the right.

So, one person starts a thread about a bug that is irrelevant to the game. People come behind him saying "I get that problem, this game sucks" and we move on. Granted, if he had never started this you would most likely never notice it if you have the manual dexterity of a snake.

Cartman58 said:
So, one person starts a thread about a bug that is irrelevant to the game. People come behind him saying "I get that problem, this game sucks" and we move on. Granted, if he had never started this you would most likely never notice it if you have the manual dexterity of a snake.

1. how do multiple people start ONE thread? it's always ONE person starting ONE thread. :eek:ut:
2. i dont think you read this entire thread 'cause i dont remember reading ONE person saying that this game sucks 'cause of this bug.
3. there are ppl that noticed it before the OP wrote this including myself.

my settings are right handed and my friend and I can spin the ball in either direction. but trying to spin the ball to the right when your right handed isn't smart in real life anyways, you'll injure your wrist. Nevertheless, my friend and I can do it on the Wii without a problem.

ddong2lee said:
1. how do multiple people start ONE thread? it's always ONE person starting ONE thread. :eek:ut:
2. i dont think you read this entire thread 'cause i dont remember reading ONE person saying that this game sucks 'cause of this bug.
3. there are ppl that noticed it before the OP wrote this including myself.

1. I don't know what you are getting at..here.
2. People have been saying it makes the Wii look bad. Because it comes from this game indirectly they are saying it makes this game look bad. I also posted on the first page. So yes, I have read the thread.
3. I hadn't heard anyone else talk about it before he posted so I was just assuming that people didn't notice. But you do have to admit that a lot of the people posting would never have even noticed it.

THENDIS, i kno exactly what ur talking about, even my 2 little sisters picked up on it as well, folks this only happens when theres a split, the ball will spin to the opposite side of ur orientation and nail the pin every time, i'm left-handed and spin the ball to the right and on a split i will use the same spin as always BUT it will spin to the right instead and magically knock down the pin that i wasn't goin for.

Back