Wii Bowling Glitch?

K LoLo said:
Sometimes mine will spin towards the right, but its only when I mess up. Are you sure you're not messing up?
No, I am not messing up

largedarry said:
I would suggest you try some of the bowling training exercises, the one where you throw a ball around barriers in the lane will teach how to control the spin. And you can easily turn your wrist the opposite direction in the same case and the ball will move towards the gutter.
Yes I know that I can turn my wrist the opposite direction but it still spins to the
center of the lane...

I already know that you can put spins on the ball and I can almost get a perfect score but if i get a split, i have no control over the ball... it just avoids all the pins...

You are holding onto the ball too long.
If you let go with your arm out in front of you the spin will have almost no effect on the ball's trajectory.
During your swing, let go when you have the Wii controller pointing at the floor.

Also, the whole trick to getting a decent curve on the ball is finding the right balance between spin and power. If you throw the ball super hard, you probably won't be able to get enough spin on it for a good curve.

All that being said, I have picked up several 7-10 splits in Wii Bowling. I'm right handed and here's what I do:

1. Move ALL the way to the left of the lane.
2. Nudge slightly to the right, (by nudge, I mean half a step).
3. Throw the ball hard with NO spin on it.
4. It will run the edge of the lane and look like it is going to fall off into the gutter.
5. If you lined up right, the 7 pin will bounce off the back wall and come back into the pin area to take out the 10.

Good luck.

anyone has heard about that glitch in the training when you have to hit all pins which increases in numbers. I've heard that if you throw the ball on the rail in the 91, something will make all the pins go down all at once. never once done it. tried a lot and when you miss, you gotta go all the way to the beginning so if anyone done it, please tell me

About the 91 pin thing.
Move your character about 3/4 to the right, and then turn it to the right so it's ppretty much lined up with the rail. Then bowl as usual, but let go of the ball later than usual. If you get it right, the ball will roll all the way along the rail, then at the end an explosion goes off knocking all the pins....weird but it CAN work.

I always found wii bowling a little corky.Sometimes when I turn it right and it goes left i get pissed.lol

MMACH 5 said:
You are holding onto the ball too long.
If you let go with your arm out in front of you the spin will have almost no effect on the ball's trajectory.
During your swing, let go when you have the Wii controller pointing at the floor.

Also, the whole trick to getting a decent curve on the ball is finding the right balance between spin and power. If you throw the ball super hard, you probably won't be able to get enough spin on it for a good curve.

All that being said, I have picked up several 7-10 splits in Wii Bowling. I'm right handed and here's what I do:

1. Move ALL the way to the left of the lane.
2. Nudge slightly to the right, (by nudge, I mean half a step).
3. Throw the ball hard with NO spin on it.
4. It will run the edge of the lane and look like it is going to fall off into the gutter.
5. If you lined up right, the 7 pin will bounce off the back wall and come back into the pin area to take out the 10.

Good luck.

Actually, I have tried that before but it still spins the opposite way

I normally have over the ball and am able to spin the ball when I want or when I dont want until I get a split, then I have absolutely no control at all, the ball just spins away from the pins, and no I dont hold the ball too long

Well that's just weird, but nonetheless it isn't a glitch. I'm sure you've tried a lot of things, but I think you should keep trying different things until you figure out what works.

denefblah said:
Actually, I have tried that before but it still spins the opposite way

I normally have over the ball and am able to spin the ball when I want or when I dont want until I get a split, then I have absolutely no control at all, the ball just spins away from the pins, and no I dont hold the ball too long

My suggestion says to throw the ball with NO spin. If it spins at all, you are doing it wrong.

This IS a glitch?
I have this same thing happen to me. First off I am not messing up my throw. I have over 1700 points in bowling with several 277,278,279 games pluse a 299 and a 300. My average is around 260 righty and 235 lefty. I also have gold medals in all 3 bowling trainers. I can pick up spaires even splits with my strike throw all day. I know how much the ball moves and can hit eather side of the pin +90% of the time.
However if there is a spair with 2 or more pins to the left (uasaly 4,7) or a split where the 4 and-or 7 and the 10 are left I will throw my strike ball, I am right handed and loft with a slight hook to the LEFT, the ball WILL hook to the RIGHT EVERY TIME!! I end up hitting the 4 into the 7 and leave the 10. I try to hit the left side or the 4 and 7 but end up hitting the right side of the 4.
At first I thought it was me, then a glitch, then I thought this might be a way to punish people who loft the ball. Does this happen to people who don't loft?
Any ideas about this? Has nintendo commented? Thanks.

Back