Wii Sports too simple?

maxkhoward

Wii will rock you
Sep 13, 2006
England
I've watched a fair few videos of wiisports and it does seem fun. I'll no doubt play that before I play Twilight Princess just to get the wiimote feeling but does it not seem somewhat disappointing that you have very little control you have in the games. Take Tennis for example. I don't think you can actually move your characters, you just hit the ball with the wiimote (no nunchuck) and the miis just automatically move. Golf also, it doesn't seem like you can choose where you hit it. You just give it the right amount of swing. Anyone know anything about this?

No, I believe you have to move the characters, as I see them running on the court. And for the golf, i'd assume there would be some aiming involved. Kind of like pool games, where you get a line showing the direction your shooting in.

I think it'll be a fun title to play!

No doubt a fun title, but from what I've seen nobody seems to use the nunchuck attatchment for tennis of golf.

watch

Last edited:
the mii's move by them selves

maybe in golf, you use the d pad to control where your aiming?

kinda dissapointed that you cant actually control your player... it would have defo been better if you could control with the nunchuk and hit with wii mote... *sigh

I think it looks great, its the game that made me interested in the Wii :) though yeah, I don't remember any confirmation of not being able to control the Mii.. considering it was just a demo, but we'll see, I'd be happy either way, (happier if you could control Mii's though)

I have also read somewhere that you dont move the mii. They move towards the ball automatically. Im not sure about the others, but i presume you aim in golf, at least when putting... I personally think bowling will be one of the best, especially for multiplayer. Its a bit annoying, because i think golf is only one player...

I think it looks good for a game that comes bundled with the system but true it would be cool if you could control your miis

umm like someone said before i believe you use the D pad on the remote to move and then you start your swing. other wise it wouldnt really be fun.. BUT! i read online about a guy who played it and said you can even add spin to your hits so its not just swinging youre doing.

SGXX said:
umm like someone said before i believe you use the D pad on the remote to move and then you start your swing. other wise it wouldnt really be fun.. BUT! i read online about a guy who played it and said you can even add spin to your hits so its not just swinging youre doing.

Yea I heard that too

Well, in Tennis you can't move your Mii, it has been confirmed. At first i was disappointed, but then i thought "Does it matter? You can control you swings forehand and backhand, spin, loops and how hard you hit. Maybe it would be too frustrating?". About the golf, i think it aims at the hole without "thinking" of the terrain and wind, so you should figure THAT out, atleast! :D

Back