Anyone Else Psyched For RE:Umbrella Chronicles

The ports are here because so many people who never got into gaming are getting the Wii so its a chance to catch up

I am currently playing it on my wii, but the gamecube version. I have been extremely out of the game loop for some time. I honestly do see them improving too much by "porting" it to wii format, and the $30 price doesn't convence me much either. I picked up my GC copy of RE4 at gamestop for $17 used, but it was never played... I think someone bought it and instantly traded it in :confused: ... oh well score for me :lol:

It's all very well and good boycotting because you do not want ports, but in the end, it could show that there is little interest on the platform.

If we buy Resident Evil for the Wii, they will make more. If Resident Evil doesn't sell on the Wii, they won't bother doing another one.

I get what you're saying but in the end, which is better; something being not in the way you want or it not being there at all?

hot_chili said:
yes thats true. i will buy it,

whens it releasing?
Not sure about the UK, but in the US it's June 25th (also my birthday and also when Pokemon Battle Revolution is out). Damn shame considering that would have been an excellent Birthday gift for me.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, supposedly sometime this year...

hot_chili said:
i hope its soon. as in the next couple months!
I've heard that they're bundling a trailer or something with Resident Evil 4 for Umbrella Chronicles, so you're definately looking at a post June time.

Waiting for it to be released in the UK, I'd hazard a guess of possibly November for Umbrella Chronicles, possibly August for Resident Evil 4. Although I am a bit of an optimist when it comes to release dates...

I'm pissed too. It looks like it's all rail, which would suck. Imagine going through Resident Evil 1 for the PS1 and stripping out all the gameplay? I'm sorry this game is another RE Gun Survivor. Which was crap. This is a horrible way to show the downfall of Umbrella. Ninja Turtles 3 the movie all over again.

I know Capcom wants to remake RE Gun Survivor. But there's a reason that was the worst RE in the series. If they made this online it may have some potential. But it looks like a shooter with no meat. House of the Dead had meat.

sagema said:
I'm pissed too. It looks like it's all rail, which would suck. Imagine going through Resident Evil 1 for the PS1 and stripping out all the gameplay?
I disagree. I know some have found the control system of the original Resident Evil's to be alienating and difficult to control. May add to the effect of the game, but when it makes people die every few minutes, they cannot progress through the story enough to really enjoy it. Resident Evil 4 was great, but it's more action than atmosphere, which is what's encompassed Umbrella Chronicles (not that it doesn't have atmosphere). Besides, it's not gonna just follow the first game, but from Zero to 4 (as I understand it). It will also have cutscenes and probably FMV's too.

I'm sorry this game is another RE Gun Survivor. Which was crap.
RE Gun Survivor wasn't on rails. It was free roaming first person shooter. Because of this, the controls were shockingly bad (holding a button to walk forwards and two buttons to walk back). On-rails shooter is completely different. Think Time Crisis, House of the Dead and Virtua Cop.

This is a horrible way to show the downfall of Umbrella. Ninja Turtles 3 the movie all over again.
Erm, stop me if I'm wrong, but most of the story is told through cutscenes and FMV's. This has nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics.

I know Capcom wants to remake RE Gun Survivor.
If it doesn't sell well, they won't do it. It's the reason we have 6 main Resident Evil games and 3 light gun ones.

But there's a reason that was the worst RE in the series. If they made this online it may have some potential. But it looks like a shooter with no meat. House of the Dead had meat.
Well, online hasn't been announced, or denied as far as I know...

The game looks so cool in rails-shoot, I liked House of The Dead, so I will definitly enjoy RE:UC, and it's a new RE game in the Wii, who wouldn't buy it?... And grafics are so great, this may be the best looking game in the Wii so far.

I really wish Capcom would focus less on reviving games that never sold well, or know when to cut off certain franchises. Look at all the Mega Man games they created.

It looks like another Resident Evil Gun Survivor game. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Back