Anyone play Madden yet?

Crynos

WiiChat Member
Oct 29, 2006
Whats it like? Are the free motion controls as cool as they were made out to be?

I bought it too. It's just like every other Madden game out there, but the use of Wii remote makes it a solid 9/10 in my book. Definately a buy. Great game.

Mais said:
I bought it too. It's just like every other Madden game out there, but the use of Wii remote makes it a solid 9/10 in my book. Definately a buy. Great game.
are all the wiimote freestyle controls accurate?

m7ticalm said:
are all the wiimote freestyle controls accurate?

From my experience, the only thing I have with the Madden game is the pointer isn't really where you're aiming on the screen. I guess it's kind of that way with all the Wii games, but with Madden, it glared at me. It's more of a relative movement from where the pointer is, instead of a point to exactly where you want it to be. Thats fine though, it's not like you're aiming with gun sites. You hardly notice. As for responsiveness, I haven't noticed any problems. Sometimes if you have to make a down swipe and your controller is level, it will register the swipe up instead of the swipe down. It took me awhile to get used to it (about 2 games) but now I think I've got them down pat.

Just tried it a few minutes ago for the first time. Reallly cool. Better opinion later maybe

I was extremely impressed with Madden. The only thing I didn't like was the UI when you start the game ; it was , simply put, ugly and rushed. Not very functional either. the PS2's Madden 07 has a much better layout. This one was too simplified...

Gameplay, though, rocks. The motion is utilized in every aspect. Push forward with both controls to power through the line on run plays, swipe the control down to strip the ball, raise them both up in the air to catch it, throw it to...throw it. etc

I like it :)

Back