Are there any deaf people on WiiChat?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
Just wanted to ask a question to a deaf person.

What is better when watching TV:
> Subtitles
> That irritating little person in the corner

I ask this because I am getting REALLY annoyed that a lot of shows after 1am are ruined by that stupid sign-language idiot in the corner. I won't mind so much if it actually provides a useful purpose, but surely subtitles stay in sync better with the video.

In the US there is no person performing sign language at the bottom of the TV. Here we have optional subtitles for deaf people watching TV. The subtitles are also very common at airports since it is usually hard to hear the TV there.

FR. said:
In the US there is no person performing sign language at the bottom of the TV. Here we have optional subtitles for deaf people watching TV. The subtitles are also very common at airports since it is usually hard to hear the TV there.
There is optional subtitles here as well, which is why those little bastards in the corner are all the more infuriating.

*Gymnast* said:
so the person signing isnt optional?
No. They appear on the bottom right of the screen on certain channels from about 1am onwards.

This is irritating because I rarely go to bed before 4am

A lot of what I watch has subs
Damn Japs with there diffrent words

But I can do a bit of sign
It was handy when I used to work in a noisey envioment
I think a few others learned a bit from me

It's for little children who haven't learned to read yet. Why deaf people come out at night, nobody knows.

Especially on the music channels, come on.

... i see deaf people
i_see_dead_people-769472.jpg

Back