ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
deadbody said:
Hello I will be joining the Army as an infantry soldier in a week and have a question after I get out in joining the police force. I have a prior DUI for marijuana I didn't have anything on me it was just a driving under the influence charge. I was wondering if this would stop me from being able to join the police force. I would like to thank you for everything you are doing as a police officer.

well first off thank you for saying that :) i appreciate your thanks and we're trying our best one step at a time to make your community safer :)

as for the army, are you joining to become a military police officer *MP*? i know you said infantry soldier but sometimes that can spread to more than one career in the US army. get back to me on that. i think the army doesnt care depending on how long ago the charges were, if you paid your "fine" what the police report said in regards to the DUI, if the case was thrown out, that sort of information. i think the same goes for the PD

in honesty, my department "frowns upon it" but everyone and their mother has smoked pot and the NYPD is SO low on recruiits as is they let it slide and they are inducted no questions asked.

i dont know about other departments. what i suggest doing is calling up your local PD and asking them if they have some sort of recuiting officer you can talk to. most departments do in their "office" not at the precincts. like a police headquarters so to speak. if they dont, ask to speak to a luetenant or a sargent someone of a bit higher rank to ask questions to. hopefully they wont be pricks to you and they wont be busy that you can talk to them. if you talk to a regular cop they might not have that much time on to really help you or correctly answer that question.

hope that helps you out. i could probably answer it a bit better if it was more in detail about the charges. i advise sending me a PM dont post it on here no one needs to know your personal business ;)

AW4L said:
have you been bribed? :)

yup! i was offered 10grand to not take this guy to jail that i arrested. i was FRESH out of the academy and witnessed a man stab another man over heronie i believe it was (they called it some other street name and i dont remember what it was). the guy died in the ambulance that was stabed and we immediately took the man who stabed him into custody. he struggled and as we searched him he said "i have 10,000$ in my coat pocket! if you let me go ill give it to you!" meanwhile its already "ours" for evidence!

as much of an offer and how many wii's i could of bought with that money lol, i didnt take it. the perp was sent to jail and is doing 25years with bail. the money was accounted for and all 10 grand sits in the evidence ward (or so they say now! LOL! kidding)

Liger_zero9999 said:
question,

if you get pulled over for one reason or another are you aloud to film the cop?

thanks in advance :)
nat

those videos you see on the tv show "cops" or maximum exposure or wild and scarey police chases are all taped in the squad cars. some have video cameras in their cars incase anything happens.

when that video is filmed, people have to sign a waiver stating that their arrest will be used for TV purposes. if they wish to do it they sign, if they want to have their faces blurred they are allowed to do that too. or some just dont care, and they let their whole identity go.

you are allowed to film just not distrubute without signed consent

Last edited by a moderator:
question,

if you get pulled over for one reason or another are you aloud to film the cop?

thanks in advance :)
nat

lets bring this back :)

considering the circumstances there are new members with lots of questions that i get PMs about so lets bring it back to the forum

are yoiu a sheriff? if not do you like sheriffs? if so lol sorry about the comment. i heard they are douche bags from polices officers

also. do you like cars? how do you like the police cars?

Last edited:
my dads a cop and teaches me all the fighting techniques lol

+ are you american ?

Nintendocam said:
Do you use a video camera and make outrageous cop scenes like on Spike?
no i dont use my cellphone for things like that nor do i personally have a camera. Spike gets their videos mostly from either civilians watching or from our cameras in the dashboards. (not all squad cars have them though)

geoff2005 said:
are yoiu a sheriff? if not do you like sheriffs? if so lol sorry about the comment. i heard they are douche bags from polices officers

also. do you like cars? how do you like the police cars?

no i am not a sheriff. im a regular cop. we do have them in NY though. they are on the east end of long island. they deal with the corrections department over in Riverhead. us cops have more "beef" with "corrections officers" hense why if you watch cop dramas they call them "corruptions" but i have no problems with anyone so it excludes me.

the cars are ok. i drive a crown vic. some drive chevys and we have new dodge highway cars.....i have yet to sit in one of those i want to cry :( the cars are in "decent condition" youre lucky if your window rolls all the way down and youre lucky if it doesnt smell like piss because you took a drunk girl home and she used your ass as a personal taxi (no comment).

Yellow_Wii said:
my dads a cop and teaches me all the fighting techniques lol

+ are you american ?

thats cool that he teaches you how to fight! its beter that you learn hand to hand combat instead of always relying on your gun so good for him! :)

and yes i am american. i am however, second generation romanian and austrian. i was born here

Is a cat fine to

Can a headghog be used to ward off dust

Whats that smell

I have only gotten pulled over twice, both of course were my fault but I do not really break the law I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think what scares me the most about cops pulling people over on like freeways or high traffic streets is walking up to the driver side window to write the ticket. I have seen so many videos of poor cops being hit either on purpose or by some idiot not seeing them and speeding off while they were writing tickets. Everytime I see that I fear for their lives. I do have some really good questions to ask but I don't have time so I will have to come back later.

if i were to kill a person where would be the best place to hide it where it would be least likely to be found?

kitkat_bar said:
I have only gotten pulled over twice, both of course were my fault but I do not really break the law I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think what scares me the most about cops pulling people over on like freeways or high traffic streets is walking up to the driver side window to write the ticket. I have seen so many videos of poor cops being hit either on purpose or by some idiot not seeing them and speeding off while they were writing tickets. Everytime I see that I fear for their lives. I do have some really good questions to ask but I don't have time so I will have to come back later.

great, deff keep those questions comming. i try to answer them as best as i can (within reason)so yeah ask away :)

and yes, highway stops scare me. i try to pull WAYYYYYYYY over beyond the shoulder. at night, i freak out a bit but i cant do that. i just gotta do it. lucky for me, theres hardly anyone on the road and most people go to the left lane instead of transfering to the right when i pull someone over so they know i guess. but you cant always rely on it but i can dwell on it

lolz said:
if i were to kill a person where would be the best place to hide it where it would be least likely to be found?

and i cant answer that. thats what best friends are for "they help you hide the bodies":frown2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back