ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you list some interesting items that you have confiscated from people.

How do you feel about racial profiling?

Since you are in New York, what do you think of the Sean Bell case?

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg
Do You Have A K9 Unit!!!??? If You Do Do They Eat Pizza?!?!?!?!?!

ah sorry for not replying right away BUT here are the answers to the questions i missed :)

fender13 said:
i like riding my atv in the street a lot have you ever had to "seize" an off highway vehicle( dirt bikes/ atvs) before and made the person cry, because they lost 5000 dollars.

P.S. that was a stupid question and im sorry, just curious.
thanks. And does DWI stand for driving with ink. just kidding.

yes many a times! its illegal for those to be on the roads even side streets. lucky for Long Island NY, there are parks that permit it (not every one of them do so check with your local park ranger/park infromant and ask before just showing up!). also, near my old house growing up we had a sump and a bike path where all the kids rode their electric scooters (those were big in my day) and did their skateboards and stuff.

kids are NOT allowed to ride their ATVs in the streets. even side roads. its restricted to private property (IE your own lawn- if your parents let)

surfinrach90 said:
How did you answer my question before I asked it. aghhh confused

Edit: Never mind.. lol

NO DOUBLE POSTING!!!! :yikes: lol i had to answer it with another question above that i already answered. sometimes i do that to eliminate 99 million posts that i do on here :) SOMEONES gotta answer your questions :)

Tacos said:
Could you list some interesting items that you have confiscated from people.

How do you feel about racial profiling?

Since you are in New York, what do you think of the Sean Bell case?

nothing too exciting believe it or not. we just take drugs, illegal weapons and unlicenced/registered firearms. ive never had anything wacked out that made my mind go WTF IS THIS?!?!??! so i guess maybe thats a good thing???? its ok, im sure eventually down the line in my job ill find something that makes me go OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT! right now? nothing has shocked me (except someone who attempted to put bullets in a 9mm paint ball gun :tard: that was just the dumbest thing ive ever "confiscated")

ahhh racial profiling. its not that big in NY. because we're do diverse we dont think that a specific group are wanted felons. for instance, in harlem there are mostly blacks and because of this, we dont think thats a place to profile. same with chinatown- primarily asian, soho is kind of a swank white area for up and comming "kids", little italy is italian, brooklyn primarily jews. because most of NYC remains in their own "clique" there isnt that much "placement" atleast not like in long island. because everyone stays within their own group theres never anyone out of place so theres no judgement made. Racial Profiling is more common in smaller departments in the states or out by where i am located in long island. i know that politians would beg to differ as soon as a "brotha" gets shot by a white cop (ACHEM THAT LUNATIC AL SHARPTON!!!!! cant stand him and what he makes the NYPD look like!!!!) but its never like that. EVER. i can take that to the grave.

and now sean bell.... for those that dont know about this incident, please go to this website to read about it since i wont type out the whole thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Bell

i honestly cant say anything about it. as sad as the situation was, accidents happen and the media misinterprets everything.....its said that this incident was also in comparison to Amadou Diallo a few years ago....i am sad for him and his family but the officers that were involved are now under scrupulous watch with IAB and our police commissioner raymond kelly. theres nothing i can really say so i am sorry that i cant answer that question.

im far from offended by the question so dont feel that you struck a nerve or anything theres just nothing that i can really answer the question with so i appologize.

J-Tizzle said:
do cops street race?

no comment :D

Samus101 said:
What's your salary? :D

im living comfortably :) the newer recruits got it harder they are starting off at 25K in the academy! :yikes:

Tails McCloud~ said:
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg
Do You Have A K9 Unit!!!??? If You Do Do They Eat Pizza?!?!?!?!?!

yes, we have a k-9 unit.....no they dont eat pizza? :tard:

how much does it tick you off when people fight a ticket? or anything for that matter?lol i get along with all the sheriffs in town but the city police hate me...lol anything 1-7 over i get off no problem.. just take the info sheet on the police scan gun.. effectiveness capable 7mph +or- lol judge drops it then and there and they wasted there time showing up...

i have 2
1. have u every been on cops or any other cop related show?
2. did u ever have to pull over a drunk guy, ask him to say the abs backwards, and he did ti perfectly?

i have a couple:

1. does your police department pay you extra to show up in court to prosecute traffic violations?

2. if you're having a "bad day", does that increase the chance of someone getting a ticket for a very, very minor traffic offense?

i ask the second one because i believe i got a ticket for that very reason. i SWEAR i stopped at the stop sign because... well... i saw the police car... why shouldn't i? anyways, to make matters worse, i was part of a "double stop", meaning that the cop originally pulled the car in front of me over... then waved me over to pull over a split second after.

anyways, aside from that i'm not gonna complain about the police... so don't take any of this the wrong way. i generally "play by the rules" and stay out of trouble when i can... plus, some of my very good friends are LAPD. :)

ScatterBrain said:
i have a couple:

1. does your police department pay you extra to show up in court to prosecute traffic violations?

2. if you're having a "bad day", does that increase the chance of someone getting a ticket for a very, very minor traffic offense?

i ask the second one because i believe i got a ticket for that very reason. i SWEAR i stopped at the stop sign because... well... i saw the police car... why shouldn't i? anyways, to make matters worse, i was part of a "double stop", meaning that the cop originally pulled the car in front of me over... then waved me over to pull over a split second after.

anyways, aside from that i'm not gonna complain about the police... so don't take any of this the wrong way. i generally "play by the rules" and stay out of trouble when i can... plus, some of my very good friends are LAPD. :)

first off, no offense taken to anyone who has questions. i dont care if you love or hate the police so i dont mind. i just hate when its presented in a crude and rude manner. for instance if someone is "yo f*ck you pig you mother f*cken assh*le! f*ck da police!" then youre reported to a mod and your account will most likely be locked and i wont answer your question at all. :mad5:

i dont mind answering anyones question so your second question is NOWHERE near offensive so please dont worry :thumbsup:

anyways,

1. yes, we do get paid extra to attend traffic court. its considered over time. most cops show up for the over time but if its for some petty ticket, then the cop wont show up. so if you get a ticket for speeding 5MPH or more over the speed limit and the cop writes you up, chances are hell assume you either will pay off the ticket (send a check) or youll actually waste your time comming down to the courts and fighting against it. If its for a worse offence, then without a doubt well be there to nail you :devil:

2. I think just about everyone has delt with a cop who says "oh he was having a bad day and the prick wrote me up!" truthfully i dont believe in it. usually we're "assh*les" because we had to pull you over for doing something "stupid" IE speeding, passing us on a highway, no directional, swurving in and out of traffic whatever the case may be. then we have to turn on our sirens tailgate you for a few moments to run your plates and then pull you over in a "small time frame".

after we pull you over, yeah ok we give "attitude" but we're not going to show up to your drivers side window all merry weather sunshine either because we dont know what we're dealing with. sure you look like a kid but come on you never know. its usually the normal demeanor we carry. and then like i said if we pulled you over for legit reasons we write you a ticket. sometimes with heavy pleading and if youre not a repeat offender (or if you have a PBA card or something along those lines) we will let you off.....depending on certain circumstances like i said. but sometimes you just get it because well you did the crime now you do the time :nono: sorry kiddo!

BTW, as for your friends with the LAPD, i take it you dont remember the song by ICE-T "cop killer" hahaha probably one of my favorite songs too which is odd......go figure!:ee5k: lmao

The_Loose_Cannon said:
BTW, as for your friends with the LAPD, i take it you dont remember the song by ICE-T "cop killer" hahaha probably one of my favorite songs too which is odd......go figure!:ee5k: lmao

hahaha... yes, i remember cop killer.... and so do my friends... but i think we were more into NWA back then. :D

ScatterBrain said:
hahaha... yes, i remember cop killer.... and so do my friends... but i think we were more into NWA back then. :D

i was a public enemy girl :p chuck d was the man!!!!!!!! however now? flava flav is a sellout. still find his show funny BUT when he did strange love and fell inlove with briggette neilson (the chick from rocky, dragos wife) and i saw that chick get on stage with public enemy, you know brothas in the crowed were like "oh i know that white girl did NOT just do that sh*t!!!!" omg i just couldnt stand to watch it!

i still loved NWA with dr dre.....i used to rock the raiders hat and all.

bubba-ga-nush said:
Has anyone ever called the police department asking for a pizza?

Sorry if this was asked

uh no....usually when you dial 9-1-1 and you hear the operator you know you dialed the right number....

if youre talking about the ACTUAL police department like the precinct house and asked for a pizza? youll more likely be charged with a crank call.....:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt read any posts before this, so sorry if it already has been asked, but what constitutes as probable cause? could it just be an assumption, a tip from someone, actual visual confirmation, or what.

So, as Chief Wiggum said in The Simpsons episode 24L7G (I'm not total Simpsons nerd, I just made that up), when they're talking about Sideshow Bob (Guy who wants to kill Bart) going into their house, Wiggum says "Actually, once a man is in your house, anything you do is perfectly legal" (Then Homer invites Ned in, hoping to kill or harm him, Wiggum says "You can't invite him in")....Is that true?

no im a jew we're already going to hell
Well.... http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22085

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back