ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, was their ever a NYC cops. You know, the show, ive seen fort worth, KC, phila, etc. but no NYC. I watch that show everyday.
thanks.

ThatGuy127 said:
So, as Chief Wiggum said in The Simpsons episode 24L7G (I'm not total Simpsons nerd, I just made that up), when they're talking about Sideshow Bob (Guy who wants to kill Bart) going into their house, Wiggum says "Actually, once a man is in your house, anything you do is perfectly legal" (Then Homer invites Ned in, hoping to kill or harm him, Wiggum says "You can't invite him in")....Is that true?

Well.... http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22085

alright quoting the simpsons +1 for that. i was waiting for something cartoon related to be brought up (or officer barbrady from southpark "is it illegal for jews to eat christmas snow??" lmao)

anyways, to an extent it is right believe it or not. in some states they permit the use of firearms (or any other object) as a protection right. so if someone is tresspassing on your property with intent to harm or steal, you may rightfully defend your property. in NY it is strictly prohibited

also, i dont know if any of you guys are old enough to remember but a while back there was a criminal who fell through a glass cieling and sued the ower of the house? yes, true story!

fender13 said:
Umm, was their ever a NYC cops. You know, the show, ive seen fort worth, KC, phila, etc. but no NYC. I watch that show everyday.
thanks.

yes a long long long time ago theres an NYPD version. it was just a routine carstop and they showed our aviation unit by the world trade center. really nothing to write about. you can youtube it im sure youll find something on it.

we had light blue uniforms thats how long ago it was (ours are now navy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever busted someone for possession of weed and then taken it home and sold/smoked it. i wont be mad at you.

MACRI said:
Have you ever busted someone for possession of weed and then taken it home and sold/smoked it. i wont be mad at you.

no but i know people who have =X (i saw nothing)

so theres no need to be mad at me :)

MACRI said:
have you ever been tazed?

yes, before i was a cop i was. one of my friends at my local pd needed "guinea pigs" so i volunteered since i was auxillary at the time. i got tasered in the high. worst 5 seconds of my life :sick:

ive also been maced. but that was accidental. i was helping out doing a security detail for a parade and as crowed control some officer just started to spray it all willy nilly like. got me in the nose, throat, and eyes. i was still tasting it for a few days

Last edited by a moderator:
A) How bad did it hurt?
B) Have you ever caught any minors drinking with fake IDs?
C) Do you ever do that thing where you pretend to be teenage girls/boys and try to catch pedophiles?

Also, if you watch that video, the guy is sorting people out "Killers, you go over there, and uhh, could I have to adulterers go over there...." well, eventually, he says "Christians, you go over there...Oh yes, I'm sorry, I'm afraid the Jews were right..." Looks like you're not goin to Hell after all!

EDIT: Also...My friend was riding a little electric motorcycle around his house and a cop pulled him over and would've arrested him for not wearing a helmet, except it wasn't gas powered. Could he really do that...I mean, it was his property...

Last edited:
One time me and my friends were walking down the street and we turned around to check out a parked bentley (we like looking at expensive cars lol) and this cop pulled by and asked us why we looked at him and then started walking the other way. wtf??? Can they search us or something just for "looking at them and then walking the other way"?? And do cops need a search warrant to search people or search the bags they're carrying, like a purse, backpack, etc.

A search warrent for searching a housing complex, not a person, or a vehicle, I think, am I right Cannon?

ThatGuy127 said:
A) How bad did it hurt?
B) Have you ever caught any minors drinking with fake IDs?
C) Do you ever do that thing where you pretend to be teenage girls/boys and try to catch pedophiles?

Also, if you watch that video, the guy is sorting people out "Killers, you go over there, and uhh, could I have to adulterers go over there...." well, eventually, he says "Christians, you go over there...Oh yes, I'm sorry, I'm afraid the Jews were right..." Looks like you're not goin to Hell after all!

EDIT: Also...My friend was riding a little electric motorcycle around his house and a cop pulled him over and would've arrested him for not wearing a helmet, except it wasn't gas powered. Could he really do that...I mean, it was his property...

1. yes it hurt ALOT. i cried nearly for an hour...well first i tried to act all tough and just screamed bloody murder. then i excused myself and went to the bathroom and cried like someone ran over my dog. it hurt alot. its not that it hurts for a long time its that it stings like someone hit you with a wet towel esp in a sensitive area!

2. yes i see minors use fake IDs. i normally just take a scissor and cut it in half on them becuase if any common sense bartender had a kid use a taped up licence theyd know it wasnt legit (even if say you bent it, its refused due to that bar code thats on the back of it. cant be scanned so its considered improper form of identification...unless you have other documentation to PROVE its you- IE social security card, credit cards with the photo on it ect) like i said, i destroy it infront of them and tell them to go home.

3. i dont personally do that but there are people that do do that in our department. im jsut not in that specific field. thats more of a dateline thing anyways.

and no, ive never seen the video send me a link it sounds funny. and in reply to your edit notation, no we cant arrest someone for not using a helmet. atleast in NY we cant (also there are TONS of riders in china town that deliver chineese food on bikes and they dont wear helmets its more of a residential thing) but under the age of i believe 14??? maybe 12? we can write tickets for not wearing a helmet. also applies to under a certian hight with car seats! you can be 13 and considered under hight and still be in a car seat! :yikes:

ninja senses said:
where can i find my mugshot online?

im not sure if you can find your mugshot (i hope youre joking that you have one!). i think only high profile criminals and /or FBIs most wanted are availble online through your local citys governement website

Wiinoob said:
One time me and my friends were walking down the street and we turned around to check out a parked bentley (we like looking at expensive cars lol) and this cop pulled by and asked us why we looked at him and then started walking the other way. wtf??? Can they search us or something just for "looking at them and then walking the other way"?? And do cops need a search warrant to search people or search the bags they're carrying, like a purse, backpack, etc.

there is nothing wrong with admiring a car. however if someone was checking out my car id be a bit suspicious too (esp a bently man id kill for one of those cars!). anyways, with probable cause all he can do is question you but you dont have to answer anything. you were just admiring the car thats all you have to say. he cant hold you or arrest you for a single thing nore can he search your personal belongings without a warrent. you MAY offer just to shut him up with his damn suspicions (becuase sometimes cops are jerks and we will question kids until they breakdown and cry and just give up and empty out all they have which is usually of course nothing). but even if you volunterally allowed him to look through your belongings, he cant seize them or anything. its still yours until he comes back with paper work to "claim it".

so bottom line, a cop can not search your personal belongings (he can do body checks/pat downs)

Tails McCloud~ said:
A search warrent for searching a housing complex, not a person, or a vehicle, I think, am I right Cannon?

yes and no. a warrent can be 2 things. if someone is pulled over due to say a traffic violation BUT you find 2 guns under the seat and a kilo of coke. now you stoped him for say going through a red light (thats the traffic violation) we cant all of a sudden tell our dispatcher that oh all of a sudden this is a drug related issue. we have to then call up and get a warrent for all searches and everything else.

same thing with a house. if theres a domestic disturbance call but you see meth heads hanging out its not a drug raid its still a DD. its really hard to explain but there are lots of legalities to change the situation if needed

DRMARIO said:
I had two officers taking a statement off me in my house a good few months back, after i was attacked in the street, and from where one of the officers was sitting, she had a clear view of a rack of 100+ Pirate copy DVD's..Now how come she didnt bring that subject up? Is she not payed to look out for things like that when shes out on a case?

im sorry you got attacked :( i assume youre ok now which is good.

as for the pirated movies, i dont think she really cared or she just didnt really notice what exactly it was. i think they were too concerned with the issue that you got attacked and that was what was on their mind specifically.

besides, 99.9% of my DVDs are from torrent sites and everything. everyone does it. its more of an FBI thing. regular cops dont know about that stuff. remember you see a federal disclaimer in the begining of all DVD movies not a disclaimer from your local PD

ericlewis91 said:
like omg cheese is so good

OPPS WRONG FORUM SORRY GUYS

i like motzarella cheese (real italian not pollyo!...well exect the pollyo string cheese god i can eat like a million of those!)

i also like parmasean and provalone ;)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
and in reply to your edit notation, no we cant arrest someone for not using a helmet. atleast in NY we cant (also there are TONS of riders in china town that deliver chineese food on bikes and they dont wear helmets its more of a residential thing) but under the age of i believe 14??? maybe 12? we can write tickets for not wearing a helmet. also applies to under a certian hight with car seats! you can be 13 and considered under hight and still be in a car seat! :yikes:

Well, actually he's 15. The bike is more meant for little kids around the age of eight or so...

Here's the video: http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22085

I got jumped once myself, but I wasnt the one with a broken bone afterwards, (dont mess with Fox) but the funny (VERY funny) thing is I was at home later the same day, I was skating with a friend of mine, somehow lost my ballance, and broke my mandibular maxime, (cheekbone)

Devine Retribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back