ATTN: fake/copy wiimotes

sch2412

tennis pro :)
Jan 2, 2008
hello again!

i had a problem with my wiimote. here's the situation explained:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/46650-2-wiimotes-different-sensitivity.html

it turned out to be a fake wiimote!!! not an original nintendo product. the thing was working, the buttons, the sensor... but it was too sensitive. so when u buy a new wiimote you should keep an eye on a few things. the fake one was missing 2 stickers and a certificate print. here's what i'm talking about:

the 1st sticker is located underneath the battery holders:

the second thing is this print:

or

in example.. wiimotes sold in europe should have the CE print:

200px-Cemark.svg.png

the last sticker is a kinda gold shiny eliptic one also located underneath the battery holders but the 2 most important things are the 1st two mentioned above...

...so when u buy a new wiimote watch for the signs :scared:

Last edited:
you know you could just change the sensitivity

My vote is...[Conspiracy Theory]

Where did you buy a counterfeit Remote?? If you thought it was new in package, what did the package look like?

@santaclaws
there's a link in the post. read it

@idjut
it looked normal. i bought it in an electronix shop. they buy those things in hundreds. turned out one was fake. they gave me a new one and it's ok now

I don't know for sure if thats actually fake or not because different factories label and do things differently my old Wiimotes have different labeling compared to the new ones also they came with a different brand of batteries when you are making products with so many different factories slight differences of some sort will most likely occur

Back