fake wii mote?

Umbrous said:
Actually, yes I have boughten and sold on ebay, and yes they do make a percentage off of you (this is what is bs) "buying space on their website to list your product to sell". While they charge you a measily .30 cents or so it comes out to a large portion of the winnings.

I wouldn't spew random bs about a place I didn't have a personal experience with, ok kiddo. My only point is that ebay DOES make a profit, they DO NOT care and ENCOURAGE the sale of fake items by not doing anything about them.

You can find out yourself by going and purchasing a fake PSP MS Pro Duo stick on ebay, if you can't handle the truth (the heat) get out of the kitchen, son.

I wouldn't be relating the counterfeit items to this situation if it didn't sound like a counterfeit item to me. Further more, you would be surprised if you ever went to an asian country and walked around on the streets. Fake everything, sales of pirated movies, etc. I am just speaking the truth kid, those same products end up on ebay and I have no doubt they make fake wii controllers as well. They make fake everything! Infact, if you purchase something from across the ocean on ebay, the likely case is that it will be worse quality even though it was summed up to something of better quality. Make yourself believe what you want but there are counterfeit items that look real, with just a few hits and misses that give it away. Also, there are just simply third party controllers, usually mad catz or some other recognizable name like nyco (or whatever I don't know the names anymore, don't buy the cheap junk) or something along those lines. I only mentioned counterfeit items on ebay because I have watched people pay $15 for a 4GB stick when it is $70+ and they think they got a deal. Well, even though it might function remotely the same it literally can cause damage. Look at the faulty fake batteries for cell phones, they burst into flames.

So, it was just a point. Don't try and assume anything about what I have or haven't done, considering you don't even know. Besides, I will repeat, I have personally paid ebay for my listings (which sucks) and I know they make profit. So regardless of what you think, it is the users and the website, that is indeed ripping people off.

DOWN WITH SCAM-BAY!

P.S For further clarification I haven't ever boughten any counterfeit items, but learned of this phenomena during my short stay at the playstation forums; Reading about who got what stick for what price, which is entirely lame. I don't visit anymore because it is boring there. The people kind of react like you did elfman, over proportionally with your own assumptions.

erm sorry, but there a BIG difference between painting a memory stick green or whatever, and building a wiimote, look at the parts that have gone into it! Do you really expect these scammers to buy all of these separate parts (which it must have because he said it was working) then assembling them for cheaper than the mass produced Nintendo variety? if they could produce working wiimotes for cheaper, then they would just release them as third party remotes, like the madcats gamecube controllers. :wtf:

a30993 said:
Well, I found this is actually a REFURBISHED remote.

One of our store bought ones were faulty, so we sent it in to Ninty, and they gave us one EXACTLY like the one in your picture.

Don't worry, it's not fake. It's just refurbished. :thumbsup:

Everyone IGNORED this post. This is telling you WHAT the Remote IS!!

I don't think it is fake. Since there are no third party Wii controllers on the market yet I high doubt that Nintendo has released the formula for making Wii controllers yet.

tigiss said:
why dont you just try it to see if it works? did u ever think about that?

I have. The motion sensing performs slightly differently, and I am concerned that the remote will die prematurely, among other things, if it is not legit. I paid for it expecting it to be real, so if it doesn't work as well or last as long as an official Nintendo remote then there is a problem...

he bought it off someone else, it was brand new at his time of purchase

walkitout said:
he bought it off someone else, it was brand new at his time of purchase

Apparently you people LOVE ignoring my helpful input.

a30993 said:
Well, I found this is actually a REFURBISHED remote.

One of our store bought ones were faulty, so we sent it in to Ninty, and they gave us one EXACTLY like the one in your picture.

Don't worry, it's not fake. It's just refurbished. :thumbsup:

a30993 said:
Apparently you people LOVE ignoring my helpful input.

didn't ignore your post, i really appreciate it , i was just addressing paintballers question. Also, everyone has their own insight on the differences, and there is nothing really concrete yet. I'm just keeping an open mind to suggestions and experiences.

@walkitout

Umm, I am a new Wii user, and bought a seperate wiimote in best-buy last friday, and it seems

I have one that is exactly like the left (included), and one that is exactly on the right (bought seperately).

I dont know why, but today my batteries on (if im right the right one) died, while the other one show full strength... :lol:

I replaced the batteries and it seemed fine afterwards.

Last edited:
gbesta said:
My wiimotes look like the one on the left. Both of them look ok to me, the difference seems to be the one on the left is made by mitsumi
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=682550&native_or_pdf=pdf

and the one on the right is made by foxconn

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=726070&native_or_pdf=pdf

Documents taken from the FCC website

They are just made by different companies. I doubt they are refurbs as they would replace the fauity components with like for like and not replace the case and components completely

koao said:
@walkitout

Umm, I am a new Wii user, and bought a seperate wiimote in best-buy last friday, and it seems

I have one that is exactly like the left (included), and one that is exactly on the right (bought seperately).

I dont know why, but today my batteries on (if im right the right one) died, while the other one show full strength... :lol:

I replaced the batteries and it seemed fine afterwards.

im not sure man, im pretty new myself. My guess is, it was probably just some glitch that showed the batteries were drained.. try putting those batteries in the other remote and see if they work. My other guess is that the batteries had most of the juice sucked out of it before you even put it into the remote lol in any case, if it works fine now you probably dont have anything to worry bout, maybe you just got suckered out by 2 double-A's

Back