Australia = $1 billion gaming market?

If you ever do go to Sydney have a look around, One the trains in the morning you would be able to count atleast 10 DS's in the one cart.

Wiily Good said:
Teenage girls are probably add to the market a bit in Australia. Probably 70% of them have a PS2, Xbox or 360.

"41 per cent of Australian gamers are female"

that's a stout number as well.

how much of a difference is release dates in say Japan or U.S. than that of Australia. The article stated the PS3 didn't release until March and the Wii in December ... is there normally a lag than that of Japan and the U.S.?

I guess aussies do alot more than just sit around eating "chips". Heh Im kidding. I had no idea about this. I never thought about it. Good to know thanks.

What? We studied Australia once and all the do is grow kangaroos and koalas for tourists to see, they cant afford games or anything like that. Why, you watch the Australian movies and all they do it drink beer and fix cars.

Australia would have more serious gamers if we got Trauma Centre on Wii. That would be nice.

nkbswe5 said:
What? We studied Australia once and all the do is grow kangaroos and koalas for tourists to see, they cant afford games or anything like that. Why, you watch the Australian movies and all they do it drink beer and fix cars.

Australia would have more serious gamers if we got Trauma Centre on Wii. That would be nice.

lol nkbswe5 you forgot we also wrestle Crocs and the only two words in our vocabulary are "G'day" and "Mate"

Last edited:
kenosando said:
"41 per cent of Australian gamers are female"

that's a stout number as well.

how much of a difference is release dates in say Japan or U.S. than that of Australia. The article stated the PS3 didn't release until March and the Wii in December ... is there normally a lag than that of Japan and the U.S.?
Here in Aus we usually get things a long while after everywhere else. It took over a year for Truama centre DS to get released here. The only exception to this was the DS Lite we got that like a week before anywhere else,

Back