Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A New Era For Gaming?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by CantGetAWii, Feb 23, 2008.

1. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Source

2. Icandy

Icandy WiiChat Member

I was waiting for this to be put up here. This is another article that says to me: Expect alot of mini games and poor graphics system wide because the Wii has proven the developers can get away with it. It almost sounds to me that the gaming industry is going to go backwards, using the Wii as the excuse. I bought the Wii for the control system, nothing more, nothing less. That doesn't mean I don't want high quality games with good graphics. I would certainly want that in the other systems. There is no excuse to go backward just because the Wii is popular.

3. wezeles

wezeles Guru of everything Ninty

Wii Friend Code: 6074-3351-1151-1701
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Well I think thats the problem they are saying here... Alot of people view casual games as cheep games. Where thats not really true, casual games are simply easy to pick up and play for anyone. Wii's motion controls help add to the casual audience because compare to the other 2 systems anyone and everyone seems to be picking up and playing the Wii.

The quality controll is going to be a huge issue because if all these new casual gamers are use to what we consider 2nd hand crap, than that is what they will continue to expect and buy. Although Nintendo has done a great job putting out good casual games like Mario Party, Endless Ocean, Wario Ware. These are all casual games, but good ones that even the "hardcore gamer" can appreciate.

Lets just hope that this isnt true, although I doubt big developers care that much. They make what they are payed to make thats it it's a buisness.
    The real question is going to be how much money are Publishers willing to invest into a Casual title in the future? Or are we going to continue to see these very low buget "crap" games for casual gamers from everyone except Nintendo?

If so Nintendo is just going to continue to supply demand, and we can't blame them for that. Hopefully alot more 3rd party starts to back the Wii up with casual and high end games otherwise they will be all alone with this new market. It's good for them, but its going to be hard for them to keep it up on there own no matter how much cash they are pulling in. If the current 3rd party doesn't get any more involved and sticks to there "high end" up bringing, then Nintendo will probably continue to dominate overall sales unless by some miracle this new casual audience completely drops off and goes away which I doubt highly.