Wii "Bubble" about to burst?

MirakTheLa said:
Just to put it out there for those that responded to what I said: Don't every be surprised with mega-corporations buy out major corporations. C.E.O.s have no soul to sell.

You're right, but In Nentendo's case, I do not see that happening. They'ed rather throw in the towel than sell out. There just something about then that tell me they wouldn't do it.

ya but the CEO's arnt usually the ones with a say in the sale of the comapny its alwyas the stockholders that have to vote in the end, not many stock holders leave all of there money decisions with the CEO they bring in.

With a company like Nintendo, or Sony, or Microsoft a lot of majority stock investors look at it as a lifetime investment, something they can live off the dividends and retire on. They care if the company does well or bad but with such a large company it would have to be doing really horribal for a long time and the check would have to be really big to just throw away years of investment on a whim.

If you have some kind of collectable you would probably get the concept. You invest your time and money into collecting all this stuff, you now have a set worth in your mind what you have collected, someone offers you what you invested you wont bother taking that much, you would have wasted your time and money to just break even.
Someone offers less than your overall investment you laugh at them you took the burden why should you take the cut?
They would have to offer you almost a rediculous amount of money to make up for your time and effort of building and keeping the collection in order, you would rather keep it than "throw" it away even if you are hurting for money at the time.

That why with large companys more often then not you will see mergers and not straight up sales of a company. Barely anyone can afford the crazy amount they will ask even if they are hurting finacially and to invest more than its worth is just bad buisness. So they settle on joining forces if they are in finacial burden 9 times outta 10 or go straight up brankrupt being stubborn.

Back