Australia Wii game prices

i ask at eb games and the only game they had a price for was metal slug anthology which was $89 so that should be around the price area

I believe in standard Australian tradition, the Wii games will be $110 at launch, and soon after $100, and eventually $90, with some of the crappy 3rd party games being $50 if they just plain suck. Nintendo wouldn't undercut the prices of their GameCube, and since for every console I've had, ie: PS1, PS2, Xbox, GC - the standard price for a game has always, and probably will always, be AU$100. Ignore exchange rates completely, because they're marked up a shitload after the conversion.

RE:prices

I work at target and have seen the shipping prices for the wii.
games like zelda, red steel i.e third party etc. $79
wii play with free wii mote $69
where doing it to match the launch prices of both jb hi fi and myer which are the same

I know Wii Play is $69, i made sure of it... the Wiimote is $49 so it's like getting a game for $20 more, that's why i decided to get it.
When I went to EB a few months back all the games were in as $199.99 as they were unsure of prices... but I have heard a rumor that Nintendo was to sell all their games for $80ish dollars just to prove that they are cheaper than Xbox/PS. Games like Red Steel Nintendo have no control over as it's a third party game and can charge whatever they like - that's why i heard that's gonna be $109ish. Just what I hear!!! I don't know what is fact just yet!!! Find out in three sleeps ;)

WolfpacSnakepit said:
I know Wii Play is $69, i made sure of it... the Wiimote is $49 so it's like getting a game for $20 more, that's why i decided to get it.
When I went to EB a few months back all the games were in as $199.99 as they were unsure of prices... but I have heard a rumor that Nintendo was to sell all their games for $80ish dollars just to prove that they are cheaper than Xbox/PS. Games like Red Steel Nintendo have no control over as it's a third party game and can charge whatever they like - that's why i heard that's gonna be $109ish. Just what I hear!!! I don't know what is fact just yet!!! Find out in three sleeps ;)

According to Games Warehouse Australia a wiimote is $70, and Wii Play is $80.

Are you sure that the Wiimote is $49? It would be awesome if it is but I doubt it.

Back