Bandwidth survey

TitansATB

MMA Fan
Feb 11, 2007
N.VA
Wii Online Code
7448-6534-8132-0252
Hey guys I just wanted to know How fast people Wii Online was.

On your wii please go to google search "bandwidth tester" than go to the CNET bandwidth one and if your guys would be so kind into telling me how fast your wii is...Thanks Alot for your help

Wouldn't it be just as fast as running a computer on the same network?

It is testing line speed, not machine speed.

I got 830 kbps on my Wii while I usually get anywhere from 1200 to 1300 kbps on my laptop about 5 feet away from the Wii, both connected to the same wireless network. I've also tried on speedtest.net and ended up getting crappier results for the Wii as well. I'm not sure who, but someone else on this forum mentioned something about it maybe due to the lack of internal memory on the Wii, so it's harder to cache data and thus a slower internet speed. Hopefully this discrepancy won't affect online play too much when we get Pokemon Battle Revolution (although I won't be buying it) and Mario Strikers Charged when we get 'em in North America.

If that helped, please rep me.

Last edited:
Thanks alot man,

When i do it it comes up as around 400kbps but when im on my computer it comes up around 1400kbps, there only about 20ft apart, same level. Is this anthing i should be worried about?

if you have a laptop, or maybe you can borrow a buddy's laptop and try the speedtest in the vicinity of the Wii (within 5 feet), then you'll be able to see if the large discrepancy is caused by your network range, or if it's just the Wii being stupid :lol:

Last edited:
I found a site that gives me results on my Wii that are really close to my laptop (around 1300 kbps download, although upload doesn't quite live up to its potential: 312 kbps compared to 540 kbps on laptop)
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest, give it a shot, you might get some good results with your Wii too.

(sorry for double posting, but I wanted to bump the thread through an edit, but it didn't, so this was the next best thing)

Sometimes if you have your pc using the internet it takes away from the wiis speed

Ya there is a huge difference here. On speakeasy I get 8458 download and 1958 upload on my computer, but on my Wii I get 2374 download and 415 upload. I also tried it at speedtest.net where I got 13327 download and 1813 upload on my computer but only 1268 download and 211 upload on my Wii.
Edit: BTW my Wii is only about five feet away from my computer.

Last edited:
Back