Batteries

Felix04

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Sorry if old but,

Just wondering how many of you are using rechargable batteries. So far i have gone thru about 4 pairs of plain alkaline batteries since launch. In the Wii manual it says to keep away from rechargebles and thats keeping me from buying them.So just wondering what you guys are using in the Wiimotes.

i was thinking about it...buttt idk.

imthinkin of goin to costco and gettin the like 40 for 6 bucks thing. cheap batteries ya know?

I have 4 rechargeables and a 15-minute smart charger. Where in the Wii Manual does it say to stay away from rechargeables?

I didnt know that the manual says dont use rechargable, but i was planning on getting them for christmas. i think it would be cool if nintendo make Wiimotes that come with rechargable battery packs. might increase the weight a little but would be real nice on the wallet in the long run.

They just tell you that so they are not liable in any way. Theres no more risk in using Rechargeable’s in a WiiMote then anything else you can use them in.

Felix04 said:
Sorry if old but,

Just wondering how many of you are using rechargable batteries. So far i have gone thru about 4 pairs of plain alkaline batteries since launch. In the Wii manual it says to keep away from rechargebles and thats keeping me from buying them.So just wondering what you guys are using in the Wiimotes.
Yes, the manual says not to use rechargeables, but Nintendo's website says (link):
Important Note: If you would like to use rechargeable batteries, the only type of battery recommended are Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. When it comes to using rechargeable batteries, you must follow manufacturer guidelines for safety and proper usage. Failure to do so could cause damage to the Wii Remote and void the warranty.

Personally, I'm using Sony NiMH batteries...kind of expensive, but I have a feeling they'll be worth it. I know that I'll never have to worry about being out of batteries!

Hey thanks for that link Quatsch ima go pick me up some. Thanks everyone.

Back