Battery Level Indicator

klsrc

The Voice of Reason...
Jan 2, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Here's a question for you all...

Typically when I finish playing a Wii game, I check the battery level on the home screen before shutting off the system. I have noticed that the battery indicator will stay full for quite some time. I typically play on average 2 hours per day and I can go a week or two without the level changing from full.

Once it does change, however, it loses about a bar per day :wtf:

This has happened the same way using standard Energizer batteries as well as the Panasonic ones that came with the system. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? It's not really something that matters, I'm just curious if it's commonplace or not.

There's no way for devices to perfectly measure how much power is left in a battery, they have to guess based on the voltage and current (or something like that - I was told this years ago, and I have an awful memory), which do not change at a steady rate as the battery's power is drained. That's why battery level indicators usually stay on full for a while, then suddenly start dropping very quickly.

klsrc, non rechargable batts (especially good ones) last a long time... very expensive rechagables can last just as long.

i have cheap rechargables in all 4 of my remotes... 1 batt will last me a full day of playing hard with rumble off. :yesnod:

261311 said:

That's not good, Wiimotes are said to have a 20 hour battery life.
yes it is 261311, he is getting good life for 2hrs a day, a week or two between changes on good batts / expensive rechargables...

and yes... my wiimote is doing great on smaller rechagable batts... a full day of use then recharge overnight? pretty convenient :yesnod:

Well, whatever works :) I personally wouldn't leave them on that long (for recharging). I've felt them get too hot before and I don't want any burning/ melting going on with it's hardware.

My remotes last for about 2-3 days of play (mind you, I don't play a lot) but I don't much care as long as I don't need to pay for real batteries.

261311 said:
I've felt them get too hot before and I don't want any burning/ melting going on with it's hardware.

i've never had them feel warm... i use the usb port to recharge... does yours have an AC adapter?

Mine are good for a while but after some time I will racharge them right from my Wii no matter what the battery power actually is.

Back