Wii Mote and Battery life?

cnmsales said:
I have had to change out the battery's in my wiimote only 3 days after purchasing the system. I read on one review that it has lasted them almost a month. I'm now on my second pair of battery's and its already lost one bar. Is this what I can expect or is something possibly wrong.

What has everyone else's experiences been with the battery life?
Do you turn off your wii everytime you are away from it? If you don't I think it just keeps draining the batteries.

I've played around 10 hours since Launch and i'm still full. Maybe a power defect that drains it quicker?

I came home yesterday and my 5 yr old had left it on since that morning. DOh@@@@!!!!. LOL anyway seems like nintendo would make the remote go off after say 10 min of inactivity?

Three days of semi constant play and the batts are dead, was about 20 hours of game play. When your wii is sleeping, it doesn't drain batteries. After a while the wiimote doesn't detect motion or button use and shuts itself off. It does the same when you turn off your wii. Pressing a button will turn it on and set the lights blinking as it searches for a wii.

Yeah, nintendo slipped up on the batteries. With constant play, you'll have to keep buying batteries, which adds up. I don't know why they didn't do the same as ps3 or xbox 360 and allow you to charge your remote in some way, by like connecting to the system while it's off or something. Well, regardless, I got myself a 2hour high capcity batt charger, and I have enough batteries to switch out through my remotes, even if they all went dead at once. Cost me 16 bucks for 4 bats and the charger, which came together. I bought 12 more batteres for about 12ish dollars? Maybe it was 15 I forget.

they are comming out with rechargeable packs like xbox360 controllers fyi

Last edited:
maxpouliot said:
where exactly is the battery gauge?
While your playing the Wii you can press the home button and at the bottom of the screen shows the wii remotes battery life.

gameking2006 said:
While your playing the Wii you can press the home button and at the bottom of the screen shows the wii remotes battery life.

Cool! Thanks alot!

No problem. If you have any other questions regarding the Wii feel free to ask away :D

Back