best batteries for wii mote?

fechhelm

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2007
I just bought a wii for son for christmas, it's still in the box. I'm looking for opinions on the best batteries/charger to use.

well go to gamestop and by the nyko charge station it an charge up to two wiimotes at a time.

Penguinunited.com I got 2 of them for myself, and I really like em. Come with Charging Dock, USB connection cable, Rechargeable battery pack, and recharge enabled battery cover.

You can get 2 of them for $26.99

That, or if ya dont want two seperate ones, you can get a single 2 charger for $19.99. On the same site.

Last edited:
Don't go through all this 3rd party crap and junk, just go with nintendo's power-station.

After all, Nintendo made product + Nintendo made batteries + Nintendo made charger = Problem-free gaming.

The charge-station I own is this one: http://www.joytech.net/1/products/wii/12/130/Power-Station.htm

Comes with: Charge-station, battery backs, and some other gimmicky stickers. Was on the shelf at my local Wal-mart next to the Wii Points and Wiimotes/Classic Controllers.

the nyko charge station is awesome! it replaces the battery covers with gripped ones too! 30 bucks.

just get any rechargeable camera batteries. its like 10 bucks for a four pack and a charger... alot cheaper than the 30 for a dock. also, you get camera batteries :)

I use the 15 minute charger Rayovac

along with 8 rechargeable 15 minute batteries

they all come fully charge in 15 minutes

I got four spare batteries so I have unlimited battery life!

it also works for anything that uses/needs AA battery such as t.v. remotes

Last edited:
Jimmer1720 said:
Don't go through all this 3rd party crap and junk, just go with nintendo's power-station.

After all, Nintendo made product + Nintendo made batteries + Nintendo made charger = Problem-free gaming.

The charge-station I own is this one: http://www.joytech.net/1/products/wii/12/130/Power-Station.htm

Comes with: Charge-station, battery backs, and some other gimmicky stickers. Was on the shelf at my local Wal-mart next to the Wii Points and Wiimotes/Classic Controllers.

Dude! I own the exact same docking station, it's a good one hey, although I don't believe it's an official one. I'm still yet to find an official Nintendo docking station but I'm sure it'll be unnecessarily expensive. The Joytech one is a good choice - it is powered from your Wii's power supply, it comes with two rechargeable battery packs, can hold two Wii remotes at the same time, and they're quite reasonably priced, considering how expensive batteries are when you're buying a new pack of them every week or so.

Definitely a good investment, it'll save money (as you no longer need to purchase any more batteries) and the frustration of batteries running out of charge halfway through a game.

Hope this helped you!

I've got the 4 Gamers Remote Charging Stand: £14.99 at Gamestation

SPC0602.JPG

and I opted for Encore Ni-Mh AAA Betteries: £9.99 from Play.com

872963x.jpg

Malachi said:
I've got the 4 Gamers Remote Charging Stand: £14.99 at Gamestation

SPC0602.JPG

and I opted for Encore Ni-Mh AAA Betteries: £9.99 from Play.com

I got this charging station from amazon... recived it and it worked, pulled one of the wii-motes out to play, went to put it back in and it was broke, and before anyone flames me i was gentle haha.. got a refund from amazon.

Damn the charables are rubbish
Try to get 2600 or higher

I went for the mother of rechargables. Energizer 2600mAh. Last forever. Take a while to recharge. Oh and 4 cost me 22bucks...

Well the sultion to that is leave them on charge over night (only recharge when empty)

Back