Best Buy - No stock Sunday

Kryptenx

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
Best Buy is no longer holding Wiis until Sunday ads. They are now sell upon receipt. Most stores are sold out, but hurry and call your local store to see if they have any stock!

Where did you hear this rumor? I was in a Best Buy today at noon and it was the same story...

-Merc

mercinary said:
Where did you hear this rumor? I was in a Best Buy today at noon and it was the same story...

-Merc
Oh, I dont know, from this thing called the "Retail Insider" aka Best Buy's newsletter for employees. I work at Best Buy for anyone who doesn't know.

Ahh OK. Thanks for the info. Any inside info as to why this is the case?

-Merc

is that for america or canada? either way its been reported as 2morrow many times already.

I heard it reported as tomorrow for Canada, but not the states...

-Merc

well my store is getting some in tomorrow. Probaly 10 at the most, im still not understanding what your saying though.

You are in Canada which is why they will be selling them tomorrow

He was saying that the stores in the states are selling them when they recieve them and not holding them until sunday when the weekly ad comes out.

Yes they were suppsed to SELL them on the 31st, sunday when the sunday ad comes out

but they ar ow selling them when the recieve them

This is just US. Canada is still selling them on Friday.

Prior policy was to hold for Sunday, this is no longer the case.

Oh my friend told me that it was going to be on the 31st a couple of days ago untill he read this. I am sorry to anyone who read my post, my friend got the memo recently. He works at best buy also.

Kryptenx said:
Oh, I dont know, from this thing called the "Retail Insider" aka Best Buy's newsletter for employees. I work at Best Buy for anyone who doesn't know.

hmmm. looks like you a geek squad agent btw: yep no wii's on sunday. at least for the bay area. they were being sold yesterday

intekmdma said:
hmmm. looks like you a geek squad agent btw: yep no wii's on sunday. at least for the bay area. they were being sold yesterday
Car-fi, just always checking out media's insider for Wii news.

It looks like it's because PS3s are being held this week. No idea how next week will be, but I'll let you guys know.

here's what I'll say, just as I mentioned in another thread...

though I would reccomend calling your local Best Buy....different districts do different things.

I used to work at a Best Buy and still have friends there.

My friends are essentially giving me every indication that the Wiis that they have will be held until the add date (the 31st). Everything in my district seems to be fairly airtight as far as info....and none of the Best Buy's around me seem to be doing the receipt gig.

Back