Best ds games?

Wiinoob

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Burbank, CA
Wii Online Code
7718-5218-4582-5195
Hi sorry if this has already been posted but I searched and could not find a similar thread. Anyway, I was just wondering what are the overall best ds games ever? And which do you recommend?

The best games in my eyes are:

Hotel Dusk: It's an interactive graphic novel with puzzles. Doesn't sound like much of a game and it is mostly reading, but hey it's still one of the best experiences on the DS. I myself loved it even though I loathe reading.

Kirby Canvas Curse: This is one of the most genius uses of the touchscreen ever used. You draw lines to guide your Kirby ball throughout many awesomely deisgned levels, this game could never be done on any other system quite as effectively. It's extremely sugar coated(which isn't a bad thing), but it's definatley fun for any age of gamer.

Animal Crossing Wild World: If you're into relaxing in your games and having your own virtual life, this one is for you. It's the kind of game you have to play for awhile to get it.

Tetris DS: It's Tetris on the DS and it has online play to, it's a get.

Elite Beat Agents: A ton of popular American songs strung into one game with one game. It's a lot of fun tapping along to the beat in this one and it's an experience that could only be done of the DS.

Why some popular games are a waste of money:

Metroid Prime Hunters: It'll give you hand cramps and its single player sucks.

Mario Kart DS: Snaking is super accessable in this game therefore in order to keep up with anyone you must snake. In my honest opinion snaking isn't fun unless you only play games to win rather than to engage yourself in its good gameplay...then it'll be fun.

Starfox Command: This game is too basic for its own good, both in SP and MP. I'm sorry, but everyone on MP will do the same thing because there's not much else to do....so it's not much fun.

Last edited:
Warioware
Advance Wars: Duel Strike
New Super Mario Bros (A little bit short)
Big Brain Academy
Trauma Center (Better, and basically the same on Wii, but this is great)
Bomberman
Tiger Woods

advance wars - 10/10
kirby canvas curse - 9.6/10
mario kart ds - 9.7/10
tetris ds - 10/10 (great for online play and single)
sonic rush - 9.4/10 (great game, a blast from the past)
animal crossing - 9.6/10 (great online)

I have heard many good things about Advanced Wars: Dual Strike, what exactly do you do? Every review I read just compares it to the GBA version. What is the main Gameplay in this game?

IMO opinion the most overrated game on this site is new super mario bros.
sure it's fun but for the 2 seconds it lasted. either everyone on this site sucks at mario games or they don't mind the shortness of it for me the game is too easy.

lloyd_yayo said:
advance wars - 10/10
kirby canvas curse - 9.6/10
mario kart ds - 9.7/10
tetris ds - 10/10 (great for online play and single)
sonic rush - 9.4/10 (great game, a blast from the past)
animal crossing - 9.6/10 (great online)

You rate pretty high, lol.

Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros are both awesome. That's part opinion, part review-esque observation. From a purely personal viewpoint, Lost in Blue and Hotel Dusk are both brilliant.

En4Neo said:
The best games in my eyes are:

Hotel Dusk: It's an interactive graphic novel with puzzles. Doesn't sound like much of a game and it is mostly reading, but hey it's still one of the best experiences on the DS. I myself loved it even though I loathe reading.

Kirby Canvas Curse: This is one of the most genius uses of the touchscreen ever used. You draw lines to guide your Kirby ball throughout many awesomely deisgned levels, this game could never be done on any other system quite as effectively. It's extremely sugar coated(which isn't a bad thing), but it's definatley fun for any age of gamer.

Animal Crossing Wild World: If you're into relaxing in your games and having your own virtual life, this one is for you. It's the kind of game you have to play for awhile to get it.

Tetris DS: It's Tetris on the DS and it has online play to, it's a get.

Elite Beat Agents: A ton of popular American songs strung into one game with one game. It's a lot of fun tapping along to the beat in this one and it's an experience that could only be done of the DS.

Why some popular games are a waste of money:

Metroid Prime Hunters: It'll give you hand cramps and its single player sucks.

Mario Kart DS: Snaking is super accessable in this game therefore in order to keep up with anyone you must snake. In my honest opinion snaking isn't fun unless you only play games to win rather than to engage yourself in its good gameplay...then it'll be fun.

Starfox Command: This game is too basic for its own good, both in SP and MP. I'm sorry, but everyone on MP will do the same thing because there's not much else to do....so it's not much fun.

could you please tell me what snaking in MKDS means pleasE?

Back